Silencerco Scythe TI review

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I hope mine comes with both end caps. It would be nice to not spend 90.00 on that titanium one.

I have to apologize. What I thought on a quick look was an end cap is actually a wrench you attach to the front end of the can if you have trouble getting the mount loose. I never would have figured this out without this video:

Video

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have to apologize. What I thought on a quick look was an end cap is actually a wrench you attach to the front end of the can if you have trouble getting the mount loose. I never would have figured this out without this video:

Video
Ahh got you. Ok then, I guess eventually I’ll buy the titanium front cap. No rush though, o bet I still wait 6 months for my scythe. Luckily I have an ultra 7 to get me through.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
Dumb question but can someone explain to me why everyone is trying to find a flush end cap and shoot it without the included end cap with the break. Is it just a weight thing or is it because the break throws debris everywhere?

Dumb question but can someone explain to me why everyone is trying to find a flush end cap and shoot it without the included end cap with the break. Is it just a weight thing or is it because the break throws debris everywhere?

Yes and yes. For myself, it’s going to come down to if the recoil reduction is worth the extra length, weight and debris issue when shooting prone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With end cap it’s shorter, lighter, and most importantly to me it’s easier to tape up and seal out the elements.

OP
C
I went out 2 days ago and typed this up but forgot to finish it. On sunday i shot my new RSS tikka 22cm, swapped cans around every few shots when they'd start to heat up. Had a 556 flat endcap on the scythe instead of the brake most the time. The brake definitely makes a difference in recoil, we couldn't really tell if the brake made it much louder than with the flat cap. Hard to tell with a roof overhead at the range. In terms of suppression, we still ranked it solidly between the Diligent Defense S-TI and the L-TI/raptor 10, with the latter being the quietest. It sounded better to us than the dead air nomad TI. I need to get out to the woods to shoot now that I settled on a load for the 22cm, will post here again afterwards.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

BAKPAKR

WKR
With hansohn brothers Ti endcap. 7.87 oz

View attachment 677354

With supplied 1 port brake. 8.32oz

View attachment 677355

With Bravo 3 port anchor brake. 8.61oz

View attachment 677357

Thanks for posting those weights. Have you shot it in all 3 configurations? If so, how much difference did you see in recoil?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Thanks for posting those weights. Have you shot it in all 3 configurations? If so, how much difference did you see in recoil?

I havent shot at all. I just picked it up today.

The gun its on is my tikka switchlug. I was planning on the 223 with end cap, 6 creed with 1 port and maybe see the 3 port vs 1 port on the 6.5 prc and 300 wsm. But who knows.

New to suppressors here but wanting to get the process started on one. I am between the ultra 7 and the sycthe tI. Is one a clear winner or is a toss up and preference between the two?
Using it on a 7 rem mag tikka
I’m thinking of going through capital armory after reading some other threads.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
New to suppressors here but wanting to get the process started on one. I am between the ultra 7 and the sycthe tI. Is one a clear winner or is a toss up and preference between the two?

I love my ultra 7 gen 1 and it has seen alot of use.
I am sure the ultra 7 gen 2 is an awesome can. But the ultra 7 gen 2 is $1130 and the Scythe is currently 1000. I would err towards the scythe. After that the dilegent defense STi. I think its hard to go wrong with any of the 3 really.

I’ve also got an Ultra 7 I’ve been using the last three years, and scythe in jail. The weight savings on the scythe are hard to pass up, but that somewhat depends on your use case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Any experience with the OCL hydrogen s? Between that and the scythe right now, and need to get the process going

Ultra 7 says Thunderbeast on it. But it’s longer, heavier, more expensive, allegedly doesn’t suppress any better, and doesn’t have brake end cap options that reduce recoil. I know which is more appealing to me on paper.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ultra 7 says Thunderbeast on it. But it’s longer, heavier, more expensive, allegedly doesn’t suppress any better, and doesn’t have brake end cap options that reduce recoil. I know which is more appealing to me on paper.
I honestly havnt even checked out the specs all that closely. I just wanted another silencer so I could stop switching stuff around. People seemed to like the scythe so that’s what I ordered. I do t really care about the muzzle break thing and I’m not super worried about 2oz weight but I just wasn’t sure what else was good out there.