Sitka Aerolite vs First Lite Uncompahgre vs Brooks Down

swiftni

FNG
Hi all, has anyone been able to compare the new Sitka Aerolite Kelvin jackets with some of the FL jackets? Mainly concerned about the warmth of each.

Pretty torn between the Kelvin and the uncompahgre, but I’ll throw the brooks down and maybe even the Kifaru LPP in the mix out of curiosity.

jd1006

WKR
These are all different types.

Brooks is a basic down - will compress well but not do well if exposed to elements
Aerolite is light and is synthetic. Will compress well, will handle the elements the best, but might not be as warm as down.
Uncomaghre is heavier synthetic—won’t compress well, but will be pretty warm in most applications
LPP is essentially a synthetic sleeping bag with cordura in the high wear areas. It’s not going to be bulky, but warm in all applications. It is the warmest option you listed and the most durable.

OP
swiftni

swiftni

FNG
These are all different types.

Brooks is a basic down - will compress well but not do well if exposed to elements
Aerolite is light and is synthetic. Will compress well, will handle the elements the best, but might not be as warm as down.
Uncomaghre is heavier synthetic—won’t compress well, but will be pretty warm in most applications
LPP is essentially a synthetic sleeping bag with cordura in the high wear areas. It’s not going to be bulky, but warm in all applications. It is the warmest option you listed and the most durable.
Perfect, thanks!

68Plexi

WKR
@jd1006 summed it up.

Different categories. Of these I’ve owned the Uncompahgre and Brooks. Sold the Uncompahgre and kept the Brooks for personal preference of down over synthetic for insulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk