Sitka base layers recommendation.

This year I'll be doing a late September archery elk trip in Colorado. How heavy of base layers should I get for those cold mornings/evenings? I like the Sitka stuff just wondering if I should go light,mid, or heavy?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

bamagun

FNG
Kinda depends on budget I think. Its hard to beat their light hoody for weight and versatility (unzip it when its warm/zip up and pull the hood over when its cool). They are also featherweight light so packing an extra in your pack is easy. Not sure of the altitudes youll be at, but a lightweight hoody, medium core zip (a size bigger to go over your hoody), and your jacket should get you through what you need. Ive tried their older merino in the past and always went back to first lite, but Im going to pick up sitkas new light merino from this year and give it a go (the weight and blended fabric has me intrigued). Just so you know, the heavy core stuff is pretty beefy. I dont know if there is an application for it in september if you have a puffy type jacket. If weight isnt a concern then it would be nice to wear to bed and in the morning around camp, but you would probably be shedding it as soon as you started getting active.

+1 for the core lightweight hoodie. I start wearing mine for early season bow hunting and it is still in the rotation late into the year.

Not sure about your weather but the heavy stuff is warm. Mine doesn’t get used until things get below 40 and usually colder than that.

sr80

WKR
Core lightweight hoody is my favorite. The 2019 dries amazingly fast compared to the older version. I found the 2019 to be very delicate though. Snags and fabric pulls very easily. Usually after washing it I go around with scissors and trim off loose threads. But that doesn't affect the performance of the shirt

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would go with the core light weight hoody and the core light weight bottoms. I run both of these until the end of the season and it works well. The light weight hoody pulls sweat from your body for those cold mornings and then in the afternoon I put up my hood when glassing and it keeps the sun form baking the back of my neck.

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
Core lightweight hoody !! the thing will get so much use, In fact this was the piece that got me over to sitka. I plan to run that with the apex hoodie