Sitka Kelvin Aerolite Sleeping Bag Review, By Jim Carr

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Jim Carr has been out testing the new Sitka Kelvin Aerolite sleeping bag this year. This bag is interesting because it's designed to wear while glassing or hanging at camp. It seems like this type of system could be very useful in keeping you at your glassing spot longer in cold weather.

Sitka Kelvin Aerolite Sleeping Bag Review

Danimal

Lil-Rokslider
I'm liking the versatility of this bag. Thinking about adding another one for a family member and to be used as a back up. This is my second season with it.

How is the shoulder room in these things? Will they fit a giant manly man with 50” shoulders?
for the “system” concept, what do you have to do to make that thing work in colder temps? Say 15-20*?
@Jim Carr any updates based on recent use?

I can’t seem to find a lot of info on this. What is the temp rating est. for one of these? Piecing a kit together and may need to look into it

I can’t seem to find a lot of info on this. What is the temp rating est. for one of these? Piecing a kit together and may need to look into it
They say 30* but you can go lower if you wear layers. I guess that could mean a lot of things.

sneaky

"DADDY"
28 for males, 38 for females. Which is basically what Limit and Comfort ratings are based on. I think there's some YouTube videos with Barklow discussing the system recommendations for lower temp use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
They go on sale quite a bit. I picked one up and have liked it so far. Not quite as compressible as down but a solid option for most situations. Getting your arms out takes a little getting used to and so does the hood, but I do like it a lot. I slept in the bag in 20 degree weather with no additional layers. I was right on the edge of being cold, but was able to sleep through the night for the most part. Mainly just my feet were cold. Add puffy pants and jacket, down booties and a beanie and I think you could do zero degrees in it. I plan to test it this winter.

I have 3 nights in mine and am really liking it. The ability to sit up with your arms out and eat breakfast/dinner and get things ready is my favorite feature.
The center zip is my second favorite