Sitka Kelvin AeroLite Sleeping bag

Just curious if anyone has used this sleeping bag. I just ordered one, but I couldn't find much feedback on them. I watched some videos on the bag and it seems pretty convenient having arm and leg zip holes, plus a place to put your cell phone on the inner bag. Being able to wake up, keep the bag on you as you get ready in the morning then step outside to glass if you're camped at your glassing point seems like a win. I like the Kelvin AeroLite jacket so I figured I'd give it a shot. Weighing in at 2.3 lbs and being a 30 degree bag was also a factor for me buying it. Let me know what you think if you purchased this or have used one.

You saw this review from Jim Carr here on Rokslide, right?

https://www.rokslide.com/sitka-kelvin-aerolite-sleeping-bag-review/

For the price of the Sitka bag, their are A LOT of better options in my opinion.

Their bag has some cool features and Jim covers those in his review where he did quite a bit of glassing covered up with the bag leaving his arms free. I can’t say that I’d ever use that bag to glass in, since I have a down jacket and pants, but ymmv. Good luck!

OP
hunting307
You saw this review from Jim Carr here on Rokslide, right?

https://www.rokslide.com/sitka-kelvin-aerolite-sleeping-bag-review/

For the price of the Sitka bag, their are A LOT of better options in my opinion.

Their bag has some cool features and Jim covers those in his review where he did quite a bit of glassing covered up with the bag leaving his arms free. I can’t say that I’d ever use that bag to glass in, since I have a down jacket and pants, but ymmv. Good luck!
Yeah, I watched his review. I just like to get more peoples thoughts on it. Not much out there now. I did get the bag and I like it so far. But, I need to test it out before I can say anything else about it. Its 2.3 lbs which I already love. Just like to do more than enough research before I buy something and make sure the people reviewing it didn't get it for free.

I liked the features of the bag amd was wondering how much foot room it has? I struggle with restless legs and need some room in the foot box, or I start feeling constrained and the need to move around. Would you say it’s got a lot of foot room, or is it tight? Thank you!

OP
hunting307
I liked the features of the bag amd was wondering how much foot room it has? I struggle with restless legs and need some room in the foot box, or I start feeling constrained and the need to move around. Would you say it’s got a lot of foot room, or is it tight? Thank you!
How tall are you? I'm 6'0 and it's tight with the regular. Id highly recommend going with the long if you're around that height. Other than that I like the bag. It has such a cool design Id suspect other companies start stealing the idea of the hand zip. As for leg room, its similar to a typical mummy style foot box.

I’m about the same height - 6’1”. Thank you! I’d definitely go with the long bag if I go that route. I’m thinking I’m going to go with a quilt based on what I’m hearing about the foot box and not feeling constrained. I was really hoping they’d come out with a quilt design too.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Im a die hard Hill People gear Mountain Serape fan here. this looks interesting though. The HPG Mountain Serape has kept me out longer and Ive used it for cold days also to take the chill off at night. Its nice getting up to use the restroom and I can take the bag with me to stay warm. =)

OP
hunting307
I’m about the same height - 6’1”. Thank you! I’d definitely go with the long bag if I go that route. I’m thinking I’m going to go with a quilt based on what I’m hearing about the foot box and not feeling constrained. I was really hoping they’d come out with a quilt design too.
I like quilts in early September. When it starts getting colder I tend to get a draft with them bc I move around when sleeping. I've always had a mummy bag of some sort and they've never let me down. But, I'm giving this bag a honest shot for the entire month of September. I'll be bummed if I get cold, bc the bag wasn't cheap. But I already have the Sitka gear that's paired with the bag so I figured I'd try it.

OP
hunting307
Im a die hard Hill People gear Mountain Serape fan here. this looks interesting though. The HPG Mountain Serape has kept me out longer and Ive used it for cold days also to take the chill off at night. Its nice getting up to use the restroom and I can take the bag with me to stay warm. =)
Yeah, that's a big reason I got the bag too. If I wake up at night and I'm in my mummy bag I contemplate if I can make it till morning or if I need to get out of my warm bag to take a wiz. Nobody likes to be cold, so if this bag can help retain heat while to relieve yourself, it's at least worth a shot. I don't see myself glassing in it. But, I'll keep it in mind.

sneaky

"DADDY"
How tall are you? I'm 6'0 and it's tight with the regular. Id highly recommend going with the long if you're around that height. Other than that I like the bag. It has such a cool design Id suspect other companies start stealing the idea of the hand zip. As for leg room, its similar to a typical mummy style foot box.
Other companies start stealing the hand zip idea? There's several companies that have been making bags with arm holes and foot openings for years. No one is stealing that idea from Sitka lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
hunting307
Other companies start stealing the hand zip idea? There's several companies that have been making bags with arm holes and foot openings for years. No one is stealing that idea from Sitka lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I didn't know that unit I just looked it up. I don't really stay up on latest tech on products. When I was searching for a bag I didn't come across any like that so I thought it was unique to Sitka. Great design regardless.

AlexNRKC

FNG
I bought one this winter and used it for 2 backpacking trips this spring where it got down to low 40s at night and I didn’t get cold. I don’t do well in the cold so I also have a Kelvin puffy on. It’s pretty light and pretty warm. My first higher end sleeping bag and was a major upgrade from the slumber Jack that I had before. Been happy with it so far.

I have one coming. Had a good opportunity to purchase and was trying to decide if I go with the SG quilt, the Sitka, KUIU 30, EE quilt or a WM mega lite.

I’ve been drowning in sweat the past few years in a SG 15 earlier in the year so milder, warmer, wetter weather is my application.

I’ve been pretty wet several times and been forced to use my down bag to dry things while I sleep. I feel much more comfortable that if I need to do that daily I won’t compromise this bag.

The foot box in the SG is unlike any bag I’ve used to date and almost feels like it’s not even there. Very interested what the Sitka will be like.