Sitka pant sizing

Badseed

WKR
I am looking at picking up a pair of sitka ascent pants but I have never tried them on. How does the ascent pant sizing compare to jeans, or kuiu? I have heard the ascent pants run small but how small? There are some decent deals on tall versions of the pant that I could get hemmed up and maybe save some money but the waist sizes are kind of odd ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H80Hunter

WKR
I wear a 36 in all my every day pants/shorts but I usually buy 37 in Sitka and they are just about perfect.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Thanks. Im also debating on sizing for the lightweight core tops. Once again, the easiest thing for me to compare to is kuiu stuff. The xxl kuiu tops fit perfect. Is sitka similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H80Hunter

WKR
Sitka is a little weird, I wear an XL in almost everything but I like the core LW hoody in XXL. So I’d think you’d be good with that.

I wear 38 jeans and all my Sitka stuff is sized up to 40 to get leg and thigh room. Ascents are the slimmest ones I own Of the bunch. I also wear XXl tops in kuiu and the Sitka XXl works for me. I have a couple of xl tall tops but they are more slim fitting.

Rveen

FNG
I wear a 36 in all my every day pants/shorts but I usually buy 37 in Sitka and they are just about perfect.
+1

I size up one size which allows a base layer and the fit is still good without a base layer.

Also the same for upper body, one size larger.