Sitka stratus vs jetstream

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Is the stratus just a jetstream with whitetail features and a brushed outer? Looking for something for tree strand hunting between my FL Woodbury and jetstream.

LitenFast

WKR
That’s pretty much exactly what it is. I have a new stratus jacket and a few year old jetstream(before the latest update so not sure how much it changed).
Similar thickness and warmth, just brushed outer and a few other whitetail specific details.

I also had a Woodbury before wanting to try out the Sitka whitetail stuff. My suggestion would be get a fanatic vest and wear it over your jetstream for something between jetstream and Woodbury. I love that thing with the kangaroo handwarmer pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
I have both. I think they are very different and serve very different purposes. Fit is similar sure. One is a softshell with minimal insulation, the other is a soft faced windbreaker which I think has more insulation and is warmer. Tree where quiet and warmth are important, stratus. A softshell that you may experience some moisture and an all around protective/versatile outer layer, jet stream.

For something in between I recommend the Sitka Traverse. I much prefer the Stratus (probably my favorite Sitka set), but the Traverse is lighter and doesn't have the wind stopper, thus keeping you a bit cooler.

4cMuley

Lil-Rokslider
The new jetstream outer material feels like an old cheap gamehide jacket I had in college. Sorta disappointed

For something in between I recommend the Sitka Traverse. I much prefer the Stratus (probably my favorite Sitka set), but the Traverse is lighter and doesn't have the wind stopper, thus keeping you a bit cooler.
This is pretty accurate from my experience, I’d also add that the traverse outer fabric is quieter than the stratus. The fanatic and stratus isn’t as quiet to me as what some people make it out to be. Fanatic lite would also be a great option and is also quieter.

OP
G

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I have the old jetstream now, and really like the coat, so I didn’t want to duplicate layers. Wish is was a bit quieter though.