Sitka vest for going out

jphares44

FNG
I guess it depends, but I have a Jetstream vest in a solid color that I tend to wear quite a bit as everyday wear. I love it.

OP
P
I guess it depends, but I have a Jetstream vest in a solid color that I tend to wear quite a bit as everyday wear. I love it.
I had thought about that in a solid color but wondered how warm it would be, I don’t want something super warm or bulky.

jphares44

FNG
I had thought about that in a solid color but wondered how warm it would be, I don’t want something super warm or bulky.
I definitely don't consider it too bulky, which is a big reason I like it so much. It's warm, but not too warm, and I consider it a fall/spring kind of deal. And the Gore Windstopper is a nice feature. You could go lighter and get the Mountain vest, I suppose.

OP
P
I definitely don't consider it too bulky, which is a big reason I like it so much. It's warm, but not too warm, and I consider it a fall/spring kind of deal. And the Gore Windstopper is a nice feature. You could go lighter and get the Mountain vest, I suppose.
Might try them out. Appreciate your input!

sr80

WKR
Stone glacier cirque lite vest is another option and not too warm but seems just enough over another long sleeve top

rcb2000

WKR
I had the same question, went with the Grindstone.
Its great, its a cordura fabric, so a little more stiff than other fabrics.

Its warmer than the Jetstream, but def more stiff and loud, but that also makes it way more durable. No worries about this thing getting torn or damaged.

Love it for everyday wear, its like a carhartt vest made of technical fabrics.

I wear a Jetstream vest probably 45-60 days per year. I'm in MS so we don't have much real cold weather, so a vest gets a lot of use. I can wear it all day sitting at my desk and not get hot, but it will cut the wind or break the chill when I go out early or late in the day. It also goes with me almost any time I travel except the dead of summer. Very versatile IMHO.