Skinny Hunting Pants

gsully

Lil-Rokslider
This is probably opposite than the normal question from most, but does anyone know of a hunting brand pant that is of the “very” slim/skinny fit? Similar to the PrAna Zion Straight Leg or the Brion Slim Fit.

I realize this is subjective, but since I’ve tried on many supposedly slimmer fitting pants only to find out they were just normal fit, I thought I’d ask.

Thanks!

Are you calling us fat?

Just kidding. I like my wranglers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mojave

WKR
Any European brand of hunting pants will be a skinny fit. Blaser, Harkila, Swedteam, Parforce, Deerhunter, Pinewood, Aigle, Fjallraven, Chevalier, Merkel, there are about 30.

One of the best deals going is Swazi from New Zealand. They aren't really skinny fit. Cheap during their sales, and a very favorable exchange rate. Their Tahr Anorak is the best wet weather long jacket on the planet.

www.frankonia.de is the Cabelas of Germany.

www.triebel.de is another good store

www.livingactive.de is a good friend of mine who has been building his brand as one of the biggest online hunting stores in Europe.

Merkel USA/Steyr-Mannlicher USA sells JagdHund clothing that is fairly skinny fit.

I will tell you up front that the European pants usually have a very low rise. I don't care for them.

We moved back to the USA from Germany two years ago, the Germans though my Kuiu solid colors were nice but they preferred their skinny fit stuff.

I like a trim technical pant. I found that the Haglofs Rugged Flex pant is great. Just Google image them and you’ll see them. I got one pair from Backcountry.com and another from Exxposed, which is a Spanish outdoor site.

ef97f4f1bd31e57f908641cb21561bb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

gsully

Lil-Rokslider
Ha, more like you’re normal, and I got chicken legs.

Thanks for the European suggestions, I didn’t realize there were so many options.

I am part of the husky crowd. I have powerful thighs and delicious butt. I can tell you what doesn’t work for me - kuiu and newer FL obsidians.

being skinny ain’t no way to go through life.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro and Cabela's newer version of their Microtex lightweight pants. Both were hard to even get over my thighs.......and I am skinny.

WRO

WKR
I've been running fjallraven kebs and really like them..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mojave

WKR
I wear Kuiu pants, but the Browning pants are my favorite. Especially the Hell's Canyon.

What sucks about Browning is the knife pocket protector thing always fails. Usually at about 20-30 wearings. But I am buying them for $50 via my discount so I don't care.

Mojave

WKR
I am part of the husky crowd. I have powerful thighs and delicious butt. I can tell you what doesn’t work for me - kuiu and newer FL obsidians.

being skinny ain’t no way to go through life.

I am 5'11 and weighed over 240 (was even 290 for a while) every since I retired from the military.

Husky is what it is about. Though Kuiu works for me.

OP
G

gsully

Lil-Rokslider
Great suggestions, liking those Fjallraven abisko lites

Rodéo

WKR
Great suggestions, liking those Fjallraven abisko lites
I picked them up on here and really like them so far. They'll be replacing my kuiu tiburon pants for early season archery this year.

Brendan

WKR
I wear 32" waist but generally big legs for that size. Kuiu attack works for me, but it's snug and an "athletic" fit similar to prana stretch zion.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same problem, except the Prana Zions I had stretched out and stayed too baggy for me.

I like the Wranglers for warmer weather and just hiking and stuff, and I have a pair of Fjallravens that fit perfect for bushwhacking and cooler weather. They are slim in the thighs and just enough boot cut in the lower legs for a pair of tall hunting boots.

I plan on trying the Eddie Bauers in slim that are mentioned above next.