Sleeping pad for side sleeper

ERegs

FNG
I am a side sleeper looking for best recommendations for sleeping pad. Trying to stay sub $200, but then again buy once cry once. Trying to find one best use through all seasons. thanks

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I'd recommend the Thermarest NeoAir Xtherm but its a bit over your budget at $260.

I'm a side sleeper and it works great for me.

We do a Raffle + review on sleeping pads and the Xtherm Max is one of the top chosen by the winners.

Another vote for the Xtherm. I have mine paired with a quilt and sleep better than I do at home.

I am a stomach and side sleeper and spent some time researching one I would like. I ended up with the Klymit Insulated Static V luxe. It is extremely wide and has a very high R value. I hate rolling off my pad in the night hence why I got a wide pad, picked it up on amazon $130 hope that helps.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I am a stomach and side sleeper and spent some time researching one I would like. I ended up with the Klymit Insulated Static V luxe. It is extremely wide and has a very high R value. I hate rolling off my pad in the night hence why I got a wide pad, picked it up on amazon $130 hope that helps.
As much as I like my 30" wide Klymit pad for comfort, it, and all the Klymit pads took pretty big hits in R value ratings once they tested them to the new standard. That one of yours is a 1.9 R value by the new measurement. There's a table of pad values on Section Hiker with the claimed vs tested R values for most pads on the market.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

As much as I like my 30" wide Klymit pad for comfort, it, and all the Klymit pads took pretty big hits in R value ratings once they tested them to the new standard. That one of yours is a 1.9 R value by the new measurement. There's a table of pad values on Section Hiker with the claimed vs tested R values for most pads on the market.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's to bad, might be back to the drawing board for a late season pad then.

Gone4Days

WKR
Xterm is pretty loud...exped downmat 9 is 3 inches this and super warm/quiet. Packs down to a nalgene bottle.

Under $200 on sale and a lifetime warranty.
Exped is great. I have the Mega Mat 10 for truck camping. The downmats look pretty good. I might try it once my xtherm is toast. I don’t like that it’s about 1 lb heavier than my xtherm though.

Check out sea to summit ether light. 4 inches thick. Side sleeps like a dream. I don’t have the winter version but have taken my regular one down to single digits. FWIW I am 6’3” 250#. I use the wide 72 inch rectangular version and love it.

Vandy321

WKR
Exped is great. I have the Mega Mat 10 for truck camping. The downmats look pretty good. I might try it once my xtherm is toast. I don’t like that it’s about 1 lb heavier than my xtherm though.
I ounce count, but when it comes to quality sleep, that's a secondary concern. I laid on an xtherm, to me it sounded like tin foil when i rolled over and I was worried I'd blow the animals out of the next drainage over
/s

Hunter6

WKR
I’m a side - stomach sleeper.

I bought the sea to summit ether light xt.

I slept on it 10 night last year and really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the exact system I use and it has worked well for me too

Gone4Days

WKR
I ounce count, but when it comes to quality sleep, that's a secondary concern. I laid on an xtherm, to me it sounded like tin foil when i rolled over and I was worried I'd blow the animals out of the next drainage over
/s
it is loud no doubt.

Sea to Summit Ether Light XT is 4” thick and targeted to side sleepers. It weighs 1 lbs 1 oz and is $180 at REI (regular mummy size). I bought one as I’m a side sleeper. Can’t report on it yet but it gets good reviews.​

68Plexi

WKR
Exped downmat for me. 4” thick. I only sleep on my side and the Exped works great. Not light, but good sleep is worth it.

Spiegel

FNG
Big Agnes QSLX which I think has been replaced by the Rapid SL, which I'll probably get down the line is GTG. The Xthem/Xlite has done well for me and the noise isn't as bad as people have made it out online but it depends how much you move arnd when you sleep. I move arnd a decent amount and it doesn't bother me but I can understand how it does to others. The Ether Light XT seems to be a favorite in reviews but I haven't tried one and I would've tried the XT Extreme but that when packed is too big for my taste.