Slightly OT, upland pants

rm06

WKR
I've had a few pairs of these over the past 25 years, most all of them have sucked to varying degrees. My buddy got these and they seem real nice but they've been out of stock since January and Bass Pro/Cabela's can't tell me when they'll be available again.

I currently have an old pair of LL Bean upland jeans that are heavy and are developing holes, ready for retirement. What is everyone else using? I'm looking for something other than heavy cotton/canvas and more of a performance pant but still able to battle upland conditions.

FlyGuy

WKR
Those Cabelas pants look pretty sweet. I'm looking for a lightweight pant like these. Hope they get some in stock soon. Does anyone know if either of these would stand up to cactus? I do a few bow hunts each year in WTX for various critters and the cactus and scrub are rough on clothes. I quit wearing my Sitka gear for most hunts. Hoping some really tough (but comfortable and non-cotton) upland pants will do the trick.

I picked up a pair of Eddie Bauer upland pants and a pair of Pnuma Tenacity pants to try out this Fall (links below). I don't have any real miles on either of them yet but I find both to be a bit lacking. The EB's just don't have the stretch (even in the non cordura areas) that I expected and seem like they just won't have that flex I like to have for fence crossing and crouching, etc. For some strange reason they made these a (weak) snap closure instead of a button??? If you have layers on it pops open with movement? A belt keeps them in place but dang, that's just a bad idea.

The pnuma pants are interesting. I'm not real familiar with this company or their gear but They look to be pretty solid. I really like their lifetime warranty. I feel like subsequent future versions of these pants might be the ticket. The tenacity pants are supposed to be tough as nails. The first thing you notice is - Heavy. Really, really heavy. And these are active wear warm weather pants. IMO Pnuma went WAY overboard on the pockets. 8 pockets! And most are zippered! That contributes to the weight of these. They are not cold weather pants, but they feel about as heavy as 2 pair of timberlines. I'm sure mist of that weight has to do with the highly tear & puncture resistant fabric used, but heck if you know they are going to be 5lb pants maybe cut down to like 4 pockets and maybe just one zipper??? Also, I personally feel like the crotch is cut a little bit low and hurts the range of motion for me, but that's not to say they won't be perfect cut for others They are priced pretty well and if they do in fact hold up to the WTX fauna I will report back.

Tenacity Performance Outdoor Pant | Pnuma

Men's Partridge Upland Soft Shell Pants | Eddie Bauer

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk