Snyder effect?

bobinmi

WKR
I'll preface this by saying that I'm a fan of Aron and I appreciate everything that he has done for the traditional archery community, and hunting in general. That being said, how many of the recent stickbow converts jump back to compounds immediately now that their hero has? I'm not belittling anyone and I totally understand his reasoning however, we all know how many jocksniffers are out there. I'm keeping a close eye on classifieds, thats all I'm saying.

Grand Passage

Lil-Rokslider
I was not aware he was giving up on traditional bows., is this a new announcement? He has been shooting more compound recently, but over the last few years he has shot wheeled bows at various times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

bobinmi

WKR
I was not aware he was giving up on traditional bows., is this a new announcement? He has been shooting more compound recently, but over the last few years he has shot wheeled bows at various times.

For now, he's going to shoot the tournament season this year.

dlee56

WKR
I switched to traditional after being a kifaru follower and I'm nowhere close to getting out of trad. That being said the whole trad/compound thing seems kinda high school girlish. Sometimes folks shoot trad, sometimes they shoot compound, doesn't mean they are "switching". No need to tie someones identity to one or the other.

GLB

WKR
A person can shoot both right? I never understood that for some it has to be one or the other. I do prefer stickbows but if I had a compound or I wanted one I would certainly shoot both. I like all archery.

OP
B

bobinmi

WKR
Absolutely, you can shoot both. I'm not flaming anyone here. I'm simply saying that a lot of people jump on to trends. Especially when someone as charismatic as Aron is involved. A lot of those people don't realize that to get anywhere close to your potential, the stickbow is a jealous bitch who demands a lot of attention.

Wrench

WKR
I'd imagine Aron is one busy mofo right now. Moving sucks, moving a business with multiple contractors to a far away land....sucks more.

Hopefully he starts to suck more on the stickbows so normal folk can make up some ground on him.

Poor focker has his whole life under supervision....that's gotta get old.

OP
B

bobinmi

WKR
I'd imagine Aron is one busy mofo right now. Moving sucks, moving a business with multiple contractors to a far away land....sucks more.

Hopefully he starts to suck more on the stickbows so normal folk can make up some ground on him.

Poor focker has his whole life under supervision....that's gotta get old.
My post has nothing to do with Aron other than the fact that he switched. I don't care that he switched, he certainly proved his point and no one can question whether he could get it done with a stickbow. I'm specifically referring to the massive rise in traditional archery since 2016 and I wonder how many of them stick with it. On a side note, You feel bad for a guy who is literally living his dream? I would imagine that Aron would find that humorous.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I think the “massive” rise in traditional bowhunting due to the “Snyder effect” may be more perception than reality. I’ve been a life member of the Compton Traditional Bowhunters basically since it was formed. I just saw the membership rolls crested 2000 for the first time. If there is a massive influx, they are not supporting the organization dedicated to preserving traditional bowhunting. Maybe there is just a higher percentage of the typical converts that are social media savvy and want to be influencers…

Aron is pretty sharp and will do what is best for Aron, he is a big boy and does not care too much about outside chatter.

So, I don’t think there will be a huge swell in the used trad bow market.

OP
B

bobinmi

WKR
I think the “massive” rise in traditional bowhunting due to the “Snyder effect” may be more perception than reality. I’ve been a life member of the Compton Traditional Bowhunters basically since it was formed. I just saw the membership rolls crested 2000 for the first time. If there is a massive influx, they are not supporting the organization dedicated to preserving traditional bowhunting. Maybe there is just a higher percentage of the typical converts that are social media savvy and want to be influencers…

Aron is pretty sharp and will do what is best for Aron, he is a big boy and does not care too much about outside chatter.

So, I don’t think there will be a huge swell in the used trad bow market.
You may have hit the nail on the head. To be frank, I don't get out that much and the majority of other archers and hunters that I converse with are in the digital space, so I could definitely be off base with the rise in popularity.

fatlander

WKR
I think it’s the digital space that makes it seem like everyone and their brother has a single string bow. I know a lot of people personally that bow hunt. Two of them shoot single string bows, and they’ve done it for as long as I can remember.

Wrench

WKR
My post has nothing to do with Aron other than the fact that he switched. I don't care that he switched, he certainly proved his point and no one can question whether he could get it done with a stickbow. I'm specifically referring to the massive rise in traditional archery since 2016 and I wonder how many of them stick with it. On a side note, You feel bad for a guy who is literally living his dream? I would imagine that Aron would find that humorous.
I don't feel sorry for him at all. I'm glad he's going somewhere more conservative. I do know what it's like to move businesses and it sucks. Chit doesn't make money on the truck. You don't call your buddy Billy like you did back where you came from.

My point is that dude's got a lot on his plate and even if you can out shoot Robin hood, you can't make time.