Snyder effect?

I don't know whether those of us down here are a lot more separated geographically and that somehow makes us a bit more separated on social media, but the way this stuff works out is hilarious. You see Aron post a picture on his instagram of him holding a compound bow and immediate there are stacks of comments along the lines of "BRO WHAT ABOUT STICKBOWZS OMFGZ BRO!" It's amazing that so many people hang off every word, yet every Q+A he does on his instagram is often filled with the same questions, too.

Aron has been responsible for thousands of people picking up sticks, including myself. I did it because it looked fun, and not because some bloke I follow on the internet told me to, or made me. That said, I'm going to hunt a bit more with a rifle the rest of this year (I hunt year round) because I need more meat in my freezer and I'm totally happy about that. I'm still going to chase stuff around with my sticks when I want. don't see myself going back to compound ever because I blew one up and they scare me.

All I know is, my life has been better since picking up the stick and I love that Aron has brought the stickbow to the world of ultra high-tech backpacking stuff, and I want Kifaru to get their move over and done with so my new pack can be sent Downunder and I can retire my Exo 5500. Haha.

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
We all know Aaron likes to read about himself on rockslide… maybe he will chime in… (all
In good fun btw, ran into him at the botb and he was a normal person lmao)

Franky72

FNG
I’ll miss his tradbow YouTube videos.
Hopefully Wilderlife and The Traditional Shots keep putting up tradbow videos.

wytx

WKR
Who's Snyder?

Never heard of him and I've been shooting a longbow for many years. Folks change their style of bow hunting because of someone online, WTH?

Rob5589

WKR
Who's Snyder?

Never heard of him and I've been shooting a longbow for many years. Folks change their style of bow hunting because of someone online, WTH?
I think he owns a backpack company and hunts a lot, or something like that. Not sure if he's a WKR or not...

Aron put the bug in my ear to try a trad bow but I decided to switch and sell my compound because I liked it. The only thing I don’t like about him shooting more compound is that he’s tending to do less content (YouTube, IG, podcasts) that I care about, and even that I don’t spend any time worrying about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, and hear me out here, maybe Snyder finally put traditional archery in a light that made life long compound guys want to try it...and then they realized they have a wife and kids and aren't Around Snyder and went back to the compound so they could actually kill something every once in a while.

It's hard to believe you don't care what people do or which bow they shoot or what Snyder does when you make gossip posts about it...

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
Or, and hear me out here, maybe Snyder finally put traditional archery in a light that made life long compound guys want to try it...and then they realized they have a wife and kids and aren't Around Snyder and went back to the compound so they could actually kill something every once in a while.

It's hard to believe you don't care what people do or which bow they shoot or what Snyder does when you make gossip posts about it...
Makes for a pile of used bows in the classifieds!

I think he owns a backpack company and hunts a lot, or something like that. Not sure if he's a WKR or not...

He is one of the founders of Rokslide, so I think he qualifies for well-known. :ROFLMAO: I don't know if he is still an owner of the site or not.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I can’t imagine caring about what other people will shoot as a result of Aron Snyder switching his own weapons up.

I did think it was cool to see his shooting and hunting with trad bows buddy if I had t seen this post, I’d probably never have even really noticed.

OP
B

bobinmi

WKR

Yet, here you are. The views on this post are enough to tell me that I wasn't alone in the question. Every single stickbow shooter that I've shot with in the last 2 years that was under the age of 40 has recently converted and used Snyder as inspiration. I'm just interested in the rises and falls of my favorite thing to do on earth.

I first came across Snyder and Kifaru because of Brain Call and the youtube video of the then Gritty Bowman podcast, "Why are Kifaru so dam expensive". Or something close to that.
Aron was canny tense, Brain was canny square and it was like an awkward first date.
That was also how I first came across Donnie Vincent.

Point being, time and people move on.

I've had an interest in (traditional) archery for a few years before then.
I've no interest in compound bows, personally. Now or ever tbh, just not my thing.
I'm still interested to listen to the Kifaru cast and watch Donnie's films.

It's not complicated, really but to be fair to you that's not your point.

It's about people being easily lead...or maybe needing better mentorship then they've ever had so they look for it online, because that's what the dominant culture tells them to do. To live online.
Good for them for trying to look in some of the right places, (IMO). And good luck to them either way but especially if they start to enjoy it enough to then enjoy it just because they enjoy it, and not just because they think it's cool, (which it is).

Build lads up, don't knock them down.

And if anyone has decided traditional archery isn't for them and so has some trad gear to move on, I'm tight as a ducks arse and love buying second hand gear!
Send me a message.

What kind of pronoun do we have to use if he is transitioning to compound? The world confuses me . . .
i think, in PC terms, he is now a "they them" but i'm not sure, i would have to spend a few minutes on tiktok to be sure.... i think Aron is just going through a compound curious phase though.... if he starts dabbling in xbows, we'll know he made a back door deal with the chernin group, and their new clothing line will be dominated by back country skirts and blouses, but all in men's sizing.

the compound could be a sign of trouble on the horizon.... it could also be because he wants to shoot a damn compound for awhile, haha.

if people are making life decisions based on what Aron is doing, i truly feel sorry for them.

Btaylor

WKR
Yet, here you are. The views on this post are enough to tell me that I wasn't alone in the question. Every single stickbow shooter that I've shot with in the last 2 years that was under the age of 40 has recently converted and used Snyder as inspiration. I'm just interested in the rises and falls of my favorite thing to do on earth.
Social media, for all its drawbacks, opens doors. Lots of folks have bow shops nearby but not many have much of a selection of traditional equipment much less knowledgeable staff when it comes to stickbows. Now people get exposed to all sorts of stuff and while they may not have local access to equipment, it is easy to procure now online. Pairing celebrity with exposure can and does create trends.

Randle

WKR
Ok now show of hands... Who manscaped because Aron did?
I thought that was the strangest thing a man could do, shook my head when guys said they did it. The hair is there for a reason .

I'm sure a lot of people switched to trad, or at least began dabbling with trad because of celebrities or people that they deem role models, or people they admire. But a lot of people give up on trad anyway on their own. It's hard. Lots of folks are charmed by it, but then can't or won't dedicate themselves to it because of the amount of time it takes to be proficient so they switch. I've never given up on it completely, but if I get in a slump I'll damn sure break out the Mathews. Or a rifle!!