Socks

Lowg08

WKR
The redhead lifetime warranty socks are great too. Another vote for darn tough over the calf mountaineering

CaseyBown

FNG
so far i havent had any issue with darn tuff from hunting to farming everyday. ive bought 7 pair and wear them everyday and they are great!

nphunter

WKR
Darn tough. My favorite are over the calf Paul Bunyan socks, the full cushions are too thick and hot and the shorter ones slip down on me. I’ve been wearing nothing but darn tough everyday for over 7 years and there great, I’ve never worn a pair out. I just bought a dozen pairs of the Paul Bunyan’s and they are now my go to hunting/hiking sock. The regular non over the calf are retired to only everyday socks.

First Lite mountain compression. The Kuiu cold weather ( don’t know if they still make them ) are good for extra padding without bunching up. Also love the FITS tactical and hunter socks. Made in USA. In my opinion every bit as good as Darn tough

I think I've used them all at some point and Darn Tough's fill up my sock drawer now in all cuts and types.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer Smartwool Phd's (across the board in ski, running, cycling and outdoor socks) as they stay in place better for me and have had less stretching than my Darn Toughs. I also tried two weights from Farm to Feet but found they stayed put worse than the Darn Toughs and shrunk after washing. All welll made socks though with different weights/cushioning so you can decide which you prefer.

RazzleDazzle

Lil-Rokslider

Check'm out. It's all I wear.
Athletic/thin for a liner if wanted, regular trek socks (my fave), winter socks, and a couple different weights of merino...I run some of their braces and beanie/gloves etc too.

I keep trying to buy a few pair of Smartwool or Darn Tough an getting sticker shock. I've used the costco budget merino wool socks for years, but mine are all wearing out now.

Razzle Dazzle,
What exactly is the fabric that the Incrediwear's are made from? I cannot find anything about the fabric. If you happen to have a package, can you see if it gives a blend of materials? Thanks

rj2

WKR
Darn Tough for me. I've tried a few pairs of smartwool, costco socks (good for the price), lots of hunting socks, and nothing compares to the Darn Toughs.

These are actually pretty good socks for the price as well, 70% merino. I have a bunch of pairs for like $6-$8 per 2pack

Realtree Merino Socks

Last edited:

RazzleDazzle

Lil-Rokslider
Razzle Dazzle,
What exactly is the fabric that the Incrediwear's are made from? I cannot find anything about the fabric. If you happen to have a package, can you see if it gives a blend of materials? Thanks

It depends on the particular sock but germanium and carbonized charcoal is the technology and i believe a synthetic material. But it depends on the sock, some have more cotton and others have none. It's funny it's not listed. Go to the about tab and i think theres a video on there.

Last edited:

RazzleDazzle

Lil-Rokslider
Razzle Dazzle,

Black trek socks-
Bamboo charcoal fiber 24%
Cotton 54%
Nylon 7%
Rubber 8%
Spandex 7%

Grey trek socks
Germanium+bamboo charcoal fiber 78%
Flexible fiber 22%

Merino socks
Wool fiber 45%
Bamboo charcoal fiber 30%
Nylon 9%
Lycra 10%
Rubber 6%

Black treks are my favorite because they offer a little more cushion being 50% cotton. The greys are a little thinner with no cotton and the merinos are nice because they dont seem to have as much "bulk" as a darn tough or smart wool if that makes any sense?

Thanks Razzle, I appreciate you digging that up. I'll order up a pair or 5 and give em' a whirl

RazzleDazzle

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Razzle, I appreciate you digging that up. I'll order up a pair or 5 and give em' a whirl
Not a problem at all! If you end up trying some let me know what you think. They work great for me.

Also the charcoal/green color is very similar in blends to the black with just a little less cotton in the blend, I just checked. I can probly dig up packaging for others if anyone is interested.

What are some of everyone's favorite socks for active hunting with lots of hiking? Any good suggestions for thicker socks to take up extra volume in a boot that has a little too much extra room in it?
Been wearing nothing but darn tough for years. Just tried out the smart wool hunter PHD and I mite like them better ha. Awesome socks

Kenetrek has the Alaska wool sock which is heavy weight wool. I love them over their ultimate liner sock. Best sock system I have found (for my feet anyway). "Hunt all day" comfort, even in snow.

Last edited: