Softsided cooler purchase - Yeti (Experticity Discount) or Rtic (on sale)

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Want to buy a soft sided cooler. Rtic has 25% off sale making their 40 $123. Experticity added a Yeti deal, making the Yeti Hopper 2 40 $279. Anyone have long term comparison on the Rtic vs Yeti soft sides? Obviously like the price of the Rtic, but if the new Yeti is worth the $$, nows a good time to buy. Rtic looks to get good reviews due to price, but is it actually equal quality product?

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
After the bullshit that Rtic pulled with the group buy here they are dead to me.

CoSwede

FNG
Unless there was more than one group buy debacle I believe Atlas was the cooler company that screwed so many (including myself) over. I've picked up several RTIC coolers and they are fantastic coolers for the price. They finally added two larger (110 and 145) coolers to the lineup as well.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
in my experience, RTIC has the worse customer service i have ever seen. i email them regularly, trying to get an update on a warranty issue i have with a soft side cooler. I would much rather extend my Comcast service than deal with RTIC...
I dont own a Yeti, but from my time spent with RTIC, i would go with the Yeti.

Grumman

WKR
Dang customer service worse than a cable company, that is bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
atlas, i stand corrected . hard to keep all these rebranded imports straight.

ofl0926

WKR
check out grizzly. if your military, they offer a discount

i went through the same thing but for a hard side cooler. decided to go grizzly. customer service was outstanding

Ranger619

WKR
Polar Bear coolers sent me an email with a promo code for buy 2 coolers get 50% off each. Code is 2112.

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
Polar Bear coolers sent me an email with a promo code for buy 2 coolers get 50% off each. Code is 2112.

I got the same code. Their Facebook had a mix and match code, 5150 I believe, that just took 50% off your order of 2 coolers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in my experience, RTIC has the worse customer service i have ever seen. i email them regularly, trying to get an update on a warranty issue i have with a soft side cooler. I would much rather extend my Comcast service than deal with RTIC...
I dont own a Yeti, but from my time spent with RTIC, i would go with the Yeti.
I second this. After having issues with a couple RTIC tumblers leaking lids and zero return emails they're "dead to me" as well. I ended up buying yeti lids that fit perfect on the RTIC tumbler and problem fixed.

I own several Grizzly coolers 60, 165, 400. I had one issue, it might have been my fault but a chunk of foam broke off and I could see daylight through the bottom. 1 email and they were on it. I drilled holes in it, sent a photo, and they mailed me a new 165 free of charge.

Jake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WKR
Check out AO Coolers. Extremely happy with the soft side cooler I got from them 3 years ago. I have heavily used/abused it and it's still basically new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

AGPank

WKR
Check out Marshal’s / homegoods. I’ve seen the yeti for about $200 there.

Akicita

WKR
Canyon makes a soft side now that may be worth looking at too.

Yep the Quest Soft Backpack - I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and instantly put it through the ringer. . . It's working out and holding up great so so far and I anticipate that I will be quite happy with it for some time.