Solomon quest 4d upgrade

I’ve put countless miles on my Solomons and they have been great but they are starting to bother my foot. Has anyone upgraded from the Solomon to a different boot. I think I’d like to find something a little stiffer this go round. Let me know your experience. Thanks

matthewmt

WKR
I looked for something similar to switch to for a while, I hunted the lapponia 2 this yr and they are my new favorite. Handle an elk quarter fine and did well in the high country. They perform like a boot but theyre Featherlite, they've worked well for me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a pair of Quests, had to send them back as they just didn't fit my foot. They also seemed a little "soft" for packing meat, especially with sidehilling.

What I landed on is the Crispi Thor II- not as light as the Quests, but still pretty light in the realm of hunting boots. Definitely stiffer than the Quests.

matthewmt

WKR
Appreciate the response. Do you think they are more or less stiffer?
They are pretty flexible in the sole but I'd venture to say barely stiffer, they are a thinner vibrant sole. Ankle support is nice imo. If you're able swing in some where and try some on as well as the model mtwarden suggested.
Crispi summit may be one to check too.
The laponnia have been great for me. No break in aches etc but the more I hunted them the better they got and the lace system is something I appreciate on the laponnia with the locking eyelet.
I have a pair on hold for me to go pick up because I like them that much and wanted a 2nd on standby.

I have 3 pair of quest still. The newest model is really squishy but the older 3d models are my favorite. I couldn't say for sure how many pairs I've owned but have experienced failures pretty early on with most quest & alpine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Meindl USA
I went thru two pairs of Quest but when they changed the boot I looked elsewhere. Ended up landing on Meindl. I have the Comfort Fit Hiker but they have a variety of hiking and hunting models.

They were very helpful assisting me to get the correct size and the boot is a huge step up in quality over the Quest. The tongue stitching is excellent so the tongue fits perfectly within the boot when laced. This is also one of the first boots I did not immediately replace some flimsy factory insole.

I realize there is so much foot variation that my fit may not be your fit but I would look at them as an option.

OP
H
I greatly appreciate the responses. Like I said I really like my Solomons but I’d like to try something just a bit stiffer. Once again thanks