Something cheerful.....

Maybe learned something today. Had never heard the term "Dad Rock" and was fully expecting it to be "classic rock", but then folks start posting up softer "Heavy metal" and some "Metal" style covers of "Southern Rock".

My kids often accuse me of telling "Dad Jokes",

I tend toward Red Dirt road, southern rock, outlaw bluegrass type stuff myself.

Feathered Indians - Bing video

So I'm 43 and have never heard of "Dad Rock". I listened to what I could stand of the Clutch and some of the other videos and honestly I can't do it. I made it about 30 seconds in to each one and that's all that I could choke down. That's just me. I'm more into real country like Waylon and Red Dirt. Nothing that's on the radio these days because I wouldn't qualify it as country. Whiskey Myers and Cody Jinks are my main two jams over the past 10 years or so, but most of the Red Dirt and some Chris Stapleton is what I listen to. If I'm listening to rock it's Van Hallen, Zepplin, Skynard, Hendrix, etc. They don't make music like that any more. Keep on with your "Dad Rock" but count me out!

So I'm 43 and have never heard of "Dad Rock". I listened to what I could stand of the Clutch and some of the other videos and honestly I can't do it. I made it about 30 seconds in to each one and that's all that I could choke down. That's just me. I'm more into real country like Waylon and Red Dirt. Nothing that's on the radio these days because I wouldn't qualify it as country. Whiskey Myers and Cody Jinks are my main two jams over the past 10 years or so, but most of the Red Dirt and some Chris Stapleton is what I listen to. If I'm listening to rock it's Van Hallen, Zepplin, Skynard, Hendrix, etc. They don't make music like that any more. Keep on with your "Dad Rock" but count me out!
If you like Zeppelin, listen to the link that I posted. A lot of people can't tell them apart.

Rob5589

WKR
VH you say?! Count me in!
RIP EVH

Wapiti1

WKR
Post something up. I think we've moved on from Dad Rock at this point.

How about Railroad Earth, or Steeldrivers w/ Chris Stapleton?

Unless you start spouting off about your love of opera and the work or Yoko Ono, it's all good.

Jeremy