Something cheerful.....

Haha. Is it? (How embarrassing) Sadly I watched it with the family a few months ago so it probably is.
Oh man. I was giving you credit for the comedy of using a quote from a fashion model chick flic to profess the lack of importance of a girls fashion magazine. LOL!

I'm married so yeah, I've seen it a time or two. Your quote is from the old codger that was blowing up anvils.

Oh man. I was giving you credit for the comedy of using a quote from a fashion model chick flic to profess the lack of importance of a girls fashion magazine. LOL!

I'm married so yeah, I've seen it a time or two. Your quote is from the old codger that was blowing up anvils.
Now I'm left with a dilemma. It's a good line but do I want to run the risk of getting called out every time I use it? Time will tell.

Well it's only fair....TURN IT UP.....

TheGDog

WKR
To each his own. I mean.. I'm familiar with most classic rock because the older brothers would be blarin' it while I'm watching them fascinated with their procedures for separating the seeds out of their weed back in the day.

So like... I have a firm appreciation for the classics... but.. I dunno... ever since getting introduced into HardCore/HorrorCore Rap and all of it's various sub-genres... this kinda stuff just seems so.... tame.

I haven't really concentrated much on lame-stream media releases for at least the last two decades.

But every once in awhile when we'd be hosting events.. I'd have to search and find contemporary stuff so the party would be fresh and have cool tunage to set the vibe for the ladies (and I do have a good ear for choosing that kinda stuff from DJ'ing peoples parties before)

RE: I guess modern rock? Umm.. well Family Force 5 comes to mind. And also lately there's been this rash of modern acts that seek to sort of emulate like a um... you might say late 60's era sound too. Some of those are cool.

But anyhoo... just in case somebody hadn't heard of these guys I'll post the 1st Family Force 5 track I that got me interested in them...

EDIT: Just a little Trivia here... this song is actually them singing about love for Jesus. If you listen to the words understanding that thought, it actually makes sense and is kinda cool how they worked it into this growly kinda vibe.

Last edited:

TheGDog

WKR
And... in holding with the "cheerful" vibe thing... their Track Mamacita is totally catchy as heck..