SpaceX Starlink Rate Increase….

Montucky

WKR
Got notified our Starlink bill is increasing again to $120/mo. Now we’re paying the same price we were with Viasat when we made the switch. We’re invested like $500 into the equipment & this is the second bill increase in 16mo of service. Getting reliable internet service in Rural America is getting expensive! At what point will you guys draw the line & cancel your subscription if our Monthly Service Bills continue to increase……Just curious how much $$ you are willing to dish out….?C4AD1181-FFBD-4956-81F9-3CFE8ECE2699.jpeg

hunterjmj

WKR
Ours went from $110 to $90. I got the email a while back but can't remember the explanation for the decrease for some and the increase for others.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I pay $220 per month for rural internet that isn’t as good as Starlink. Still very good for point to multi point internet, but expensive.

I am in western ND and ours just went down to $90 a month. It’s been very reliable and consistent.

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in Wyo and my bill went up.

Starlink is a bargain as far as I’m concerned. I would be willing to pay significantly more as it’s my only option for modern internet. I don’t even have cell service at my place so I’m very grateful that starlink came along.

hunterjmj

WKR

Starlink is a bargain as far as I’m concerned. I would be willing to pay significantly more as it’s my only option for modern internet. I don’t even have cell service at my place so I’m very grateful that starlink came along.
We've had several providers over the years but none come close to Starlink. It's never down, super fast and we never see buffering.

OP
Montucky

Montucky

WKR
Ours went from $110 to $90. I got the email a while back but can't remember the explanation for the decrease for some and the increase for others.
Rural went up Urban went down…..if I’m not mistaken

OP
Montucky

Montucky

WKR

It’s our only option as well. When you say “significantly more” how much are you thinking you would pay?

OP
Montucky

Montucky

WKR
The question is what is your alternative for reliable high speed internet?

$120/mo doesn't seem any more than the average bill for a cable internet mid level speed package in the city.
How much is High Speed Internet/Month in the city? No cable or Landline…. Just Internet

f16jack

WKR
I switched from HughesNet to Starlink. Hughesnet had buffering and outages. Starlink has always worked. At my remote, off-grid cabin I need functional internet 24/7. Starlink provides this.
Rural Colorado.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
Pricing is now tied to demand. The satellites over your head have fixed capacity. If your area of service has high demand, the price went up. Low demand? Price dropped.

There might be some kind of economic law at work there. ;)

Wasn't that on Joe's agenda to provide access to reliable internet to rural areas across our country?
Not to turn this into a political thread but I am still waiting since I am rural and using Viasat which isn't cheap.