Spartan Valhalla Bipod Review ***Updated 1/13/21***

I have had the fortune of being able to review the newest bipod by Spartan Precision, the Valhalla bipod that has not yet been released. The bipod can be seen here https://javelinbipod.com/products/valhalla-bipod. I have had the bipod for a few weeks now and have managed some limited range time with the system. I am going to post some initial thoughts and comments and would like to hear your questions on the bipod.

***Update 1/13/21*** Spartan Valhalla Bipod Review

The bipod is very light (13 oz), it is surprisingly strong for the low weight. The mount that I received is for an Mlok system, it is also available for Picatinny. The mount secures to the rifle and then the bipod attaches to the spigot of the mount. This system provides for a very easy and fast on/off of the bipod and would allow a user to purchase one bipod and multiple mounts, both Mlok and Picatinny and move the bipod from rifle to rifle with a simple on/off.

Mount1 (2).jpg

I first put the bipod on an 18" barrel 308 AR, this is not a heavy system, but it is not light either. The bipod does not seem to be affected by any weight that is placed on it, it provides a very nice controlled cant to position the rifle in the desired position. The lock up of the mount to the spigot is extremely tight, there is no play and no rattle. We ran the bipod through a series of tactical rifle drills and applied pressure into the bipod as one would do with a heavy automatic firing system. The bipod did not budge, we braced it against obstacles and barriers and found it to be stable in all of them.

Pic 2.JPG
Pic 3.JPG

I later placed the mount on an SBR and ran tactical drills with it in this system. While it is certainly not designed with an SBR in mind I found that this could be a great addition for an SBR patrol rifle or truck gun and have the ability to easily take the bipod on and off. I found that my groupings improved dramatically when on the bipod and were also better than if I tried to prop on my plate carrier or the hood of the truck.

Pic 4.JPG

The pros that I have found to this bipod are:
  • lightweight.
  • easy on/off system.
  • Ability to use one bipod across various mounts
  • Ability to handle heavy weighted rifles
  • No rattle/movement
  • Very nice solid cant
Cons that I found are:
  • The adjustment of the legs must be done at the knuckle or else the legs will extend, making a lot of noise and causing you to have to readjust. I really feel like this is user unfamiliarity as the more I used it the less I did this. (I will post a video of this tommorow to illustrate)
  • The mount did not work on the Oryx chassis that we attempted to mount to, the reason for this is that the bipod has a curved mounting system to allow it to mount as flushed as possible with the rifle, this chassis is a squared off style. Many of the newer chassis are like this so it is unknown which chassis it may affect. I am told that the company is looking into this issue to determine a remedy.
Spartan3 (2).jpg
Spartan2 (2).jpg

Please ask any questions or give feedback of things that you would like to see. I will reply back as soon as possible. I will be updating this thread with pictures and more detailed information as I spend more time with it.

**Video added**

Attachments

• Spartan3.jpg
    Spartan3.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Spartan2.jpg
    Spartan2.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Mount.jpg
    Mount.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Mount1.jpg
    Mount1.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome, I was just looking at this on their website. Any idea when they will be releasing it or a price point?

Wapiti1

WKR
How is the leveling tensioned? It looks like just a thumb screw. Is there a wear pad under the thumb screw to keep from marring the spigot mount?

I like the looks of it.

Jeremy

OP
F
Awesome, I was just looking at this on their website. Any idea when they will be releasing it or a price point?

I think you would be pleased with it. I have no idea about the release time and do not want to put out what I know on price as it may not be accurate. @Oregon Hunter would have more information on that part of it.

OP
F
How is the leveling tensioned? It looks like just a thumb screw. Is there a wear pad under the thumb screw to keep from marring the spigot mount?

I like the looks of it.

Jeremy

It is indeed with a thumbscrew. However, it is more of a throw lever. As you can see from the picture of the spigot it has a bolt head that aligns inside the bipod which catches on the slider at the front of the bipod. The lever is then thrown to tighten it down. This is one of the features I like the most as it allows for a rapid on/off. No, there is no pad on the spigot for marring.

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think you would be pleased with it. I have no idea about the release time and do not want to put out what I know on price as it may not be accurate. @Oregon Hunter would have more information on that part of it.

We'll be shipping to the U.S. in September and retail will be $465. Sign up here if you want to be notified when it's available 👍

OP
F
Video added to the original post, let me know any more questions! I will be happy to take more specific pictures or videos. As soon as we get back out on the range I will add more thoughts and impressions.

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm delighted to announce both the Valhalla and Pro Hunt Tac bipods are in stock and ready to ship. We've had a ton of interest, and developed these products with your input and requests in mind. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you 👍

Valhalla bipod
ValhallaRifle_2000x2.jpg

Pro Hunt Tac bipod
PHTac-2_2000x.jpg

OP
F
This is great news! As noted in the review I am very happy with the Valhalla and its applications.

If you’re on the fence about picking one up let me know if you have any questions or want more pictures or video of the bipod in action.

crich

WKR
This is great news! As noted in the review I am very happy with the Valhalla and its applications.

If you’re on the fence about picking one up let me know if you have any questions or want more pictures or video of the bipod in action.
An in depth video would be great. Not a ton of info out there on these or the hunt pro tac for that matter.

OP
F
So are additional stability and added strength the main points to justify choosing the valhalla? If so how much more stable is it?

Justify over choosing what? Any other bipod? I don’t have an extensive experience with other systems, but I can tell you that this system is very stable and supports a heavy rifle.

What are you looking to mount it on?

Yes sir, I’ll be glad to do more of an in-depth review video. I am not able to this week, I will work on it next week and get it posted up. What are some things you want to see specifically?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tigheen

FNG
Spartan Precision has currently Sold Out of the Valhalla V2 with the Picatinny Spigot Mount BiPod. Although, the M-Lok Spigot Mount BiPod is still available on their website.

Oregon Hunter, when do you anticipate having the Valhalla V2, Picatinny Spigot Mount BiPods ready to ship again to the USA?

crich

WKR
Justify over choosing what? Any other bipod? I don’t have an extensive experience with other systems, but I can tell you that this system is very stable and supports a heavy rifle.

What are you looking to mount it on?

Yes sir, I’ll be glad to do more of an in-depth review video. I am not able to this week, I will work on it next week and get it posted up. What are some things you want to see specifically?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just found the video posted about it a month or two ago that answered a few questions but thanks for the offer!

I say justify as it relates to the added weight and cost over the pro hunt and lite models. It would be mounted on several rifles but mainly a 7mm mag backpack rifle. Mainly hunting and range situations not too often on an AR running drills.

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So are additional stability and added strength the main points to justify choosing the valhalla? If so how much more stable is it?

Yes, the pivot points on the upper part of the legs give it a lower center of gravity. A cool feature of the legs is that they can rotate and lock in a couple different positions instead of just straight up and down if you want them extended out in front of you a bit. The machined aluminum body is extremely robust so it can handle a light rifle up through a heavy 15 pound tactical rifle. It has a quick detach spigot as well as and adapter on the bottom so you can plug it onto a tripod without taking the bipod off.

These products are so new that we are still working on creating in depth videos. For now, here are 2 that might answer some questions about our new products.

Valhalla Bipod - Features & Overview
Javelin Pro Hunt - Features & Benefits

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just found the video posted about it a month or two ago that answered a few questions but thanks for the offer!

I say justify as it relates to the added weight and cost over the pro hunt and lite models. It would be mounted on several rifles but mainly a 7mm mag backpack rifle. Mainly hunting and range situations not too often on an AR running drills.