Spomer....

I always go against the norm it seams. I like the guys video's.
The internet hates everyone.

You could ask, “What do you guys think of Mother Teresa?” and half the internet would talk shit about her.

As for old Ron, I find him entertaining. The most knowledgeable guy out there? Probably not, but I appreciate his affinity for classic rifles and cartridges.

Last edited:
That’s
He's not bad, just, he's not good either. If you want something to listen to, but not really pay any attention to it, it's OK. You don't leave with any more knowledge then you started with, type thing.
Pretty well the same for anyone that makes hunting content. How much can a person talk about metal tubes with metal cases of explosive (flammable for the nit pickers) powder that launch little metal chunks down range before they are just talking to talk and repeating themselves?

I can’t recall the last time I heard or read anything ground breaking about guns or hunting. It’s all just rinse and repeat other than the occasional minuscule advancement advertised to be a “game changer”.

Like earlier in this thread when someone commented on the 284 Winchester like it’s somehow defunct.
It’s maybe 100fps faster than the slower 7’s and 200fps slower than the fast 7’s. I doubt the bullets would bounce off any critter we all hunt. And if 700 yards is too far to gun critters than who needs a fancy ballistically superior cartridge anyhow?

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
The internet hates everyone.

You could ask, “What do you guys think of Mother Teresa?” and half the internet would talk shit about her.

As for old Ron, I find him entertaining. The most knowledgeable guy out there? Probably not, but I appreciate his affinity for classic rifles and cartridges.
Not sure about folks here, but Christopher Hitchens sure has a strong opinion of MT.

Eddie

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I saw him on a televised deer hunt competition....He and I believe 3 other hunters hunted a big ranch out west..... divided up for each hunter to pick and rotated daily..... Mr.Spomer was in bunkhouse mid day taking a nap.....and a young guide was still hunting hard.... walking into the wind he jumped a nice buck in thick cover and shot him twice with a bolt action rem.700..... That guide/hunter took home all the $$$$....
Okay, you say a "young guide" so what 25, maybe 30?

RS is 70 or 71 so let's be a little more fair in showing your love for RS.

Eddie

OMB

WKR

It would be funny to recreate this but answer 223 for every category.
I appreciate that Spomer is a total Fudd that's trying to pivot to making #content to stay relevant, but doing anything with the Backfire TV dude is a red flag.

Yes, I totally take my caliber advice from some weird dude on the internet from Utah who builds up social media accounts for a living and has never had a callus on his hand except that 2 year period he was ringing doorbells for the LDS church and his finger got sore.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That’s

Pretty well the same for anyone that makes hunting content. How much can a person talk about metal tubes with metal cases of explosive (flammable for the nit pickers) powder that launch little metal chunks down range before they are just talking to talk and repeating themselves?

I can’t recall the last time I heard or read anything ground breaking about guns or hunting. It’s all just rinse and repeat other than the occasional minuscule advancement advertised to be a “game changer”.

Like earlier in this thread when someone commented on the 284 Winchester like it’s somehow defunct.
It’s maybe 100fps faster than the slower 7’s and 200fps slower than the fast 7’s. I doubt the bullets would bounce off any critter we all hunt. And if 700 yards is too far to gun critters than who needs a fancy ballistically superior cartridge anyhow?
The 284 comment was a joke. You should look into getting a sense of humor.

ODB

WKR
That’s

When it’s understood the point of the videos are views and the advertising, it’s simple to see why the content isn’t all that compelling. All it’s got to be is slightly more interesting than watching nothing.

Ive always enjoyed reading his articles. He probably has more knowledge in his head than 95% of us. Sure he doesn't make the best content but it's better than a lot of folks. I find him entertaining, but I just walk on by a lot of his stuff depending on the topic.

Besides we SD boys need to stick together.

I don’t mind spomer. He makes the day go by when you’re stuck in a dump truck and the radio don’t work. His appeal isn’t to most anyone here. His appeal is the common guy hunting one or two weekends during the season. His appeal is to the guy that wants a simple answer to a particular cartridge or bullet or whatever. Dude is a hunter, writer, and old school shooter. I’d guess he dumbs it down and tries to simplify all he can. It’s not gospel, but it’s background noise.