Sportsmatch failure

Anyone had a failure on the sportsmatch rings. My rings screwed snapped and wondering how to proceed. Kinda disappointed since these are rokslide verified lol. IMG_9413.jpeg

Jimbee

WKR
Interesting. I have torqued a handful to 25 in/lbs with no issues

MattB

WKR
Only have had a couple sets but never a problem and I torqued to 23 in/lb. Breaking both at 18 seems like an unlikelihood bordering on impossibility.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Check your wrench, mine are torqued to 25 in-lbs without issue. If your wrench is not off, then I would reach out to Sportsmatch.

OP
Pickettpuncher
Check your wrench, mine are torqued to 25 in-lbs without issue. If your wrench is not off, then I would reach out to Sportsmatch.
I’ve sent them an email. Not sure how to check my wrench without the proper gauges tho. I was under 20 when I set these. Basically followed form’s mounting advice. Degreased, locktite, torqued. First one I’ve seen pop heads off lol

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ve sent them an email. Not sure how to check my wrench without the proper gauges tho. I was under 20 when I set these. Basically followed form’s mounting advice. Degreased, locktite, torqued. First one I’ve seen pop heads off lol
Fair, I got a Borka and spend the money for split beam wrenches in my large ones because they are less likely to go out of calibration and I don't know how to calibrate them.

kpk

WKR
I had an issue with a set that I got. The screws and threads in the rings were all jacked up when I received them. I sent sportsmatch a couple pics and they sent me a new pair.

sdupontjr

WKR
I can't be the only one who thinks to just remove them and upgrade to UM rings. You'll be much happier, higher torque specs and more clamping force. Now every time you pull the trigger, you'll be thinking in the back of your mind and have to look and check your screws. Just human nature.

OP
Pickettpuncher
I can't be the only one who thinks to just remove them and upgrade to UM rings. You'll be much happier, higher torque specs and more clamping force. Now every time you pull the trigger, you'll be thinking in the back of your mind and have to look and check your screws. Just human nature.
Ultimately that’s what I’ll probably do. Just sucks to have a failure.

OP
Pickettpuncher
IMG_9416.jpegIMG_9417.jpegSome of you had me questioning my wrench, and I won’t argue that it may be out of spec, but I set it at 20ish pounds and took the other cap screws off. It never offered to slip so I would assume it’s I was closer to 15 than 20 when installed.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
View attachment 714444View attachment 714445Some of you had me questioning my wrench, and I won’t argue that it may be out of spec, but I set it at 20ish pounds and took the other cap screws off. It never offered to slip so I would assume it’s I was closer to 15 than 20 when installed.
The ring cap should not be touching the base, so if you loosen (break in this case) one side the other will be effectively torqued at 0.

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m not sure a hardware failure is a ring failure. Sportmatch doesn’t make the screws.