UM Premier Ring - Anti Cant

ljalberta

WKR
I’m adding a 20 MOA rail to my .223 Tikka and as such the Sportsmatch mounts are coming off. I was going to go with the tried and true NF Ultralite and a stand-alone anti-can’t level, but I wanted to see who has used the UM Premier Rings and your thoughts on the same. I know zero retention has been tested and isn’t an issue.

Mainly, I have never used a bubble level built directly into the rings, and wanted to see what everyone’s experience was with using it (ease of sight and any other issues you may have encountered).

Thanks all,

huntnful

WKR
I have the premier rings. They are QUALITY without a doubt. The built in bubble level is nice, but slightly out of level. Maybe a degree or two?? That also isn't an issue if you level the reticle to the level on the rings. But I level everything based of the machined integrated rail on the action. They're excellent rings though. I'd still buy them if the level wasn't even on them.

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
I’m adding a 20 MOA rail to my .223 Tikka and as such the Sportsmatch mounts are coming off. I was going to go with the tried and true NF Ultralite and a stand-alone anti-can’t level, but I wanted to see who has used the UM Premier Rings and your thoughts on the same. I know zero retention has been tested and isn’t an issue.

Mainly, I have never used a bubble level built directly into the rings, and wanted to see what everyone’s experience was with using it (ease of sight and any other issues you may have encountered).

Thanks all,
Was curious if you went with the UM rings? Considering those for my new Maven scope.

OP
L

ljalberta

WKR
I considered it, but then went back to the old NF Ultralites with a tube mounted level.

Maybe next set I’ll give them a try.

huntnful

WKR
I put my trijicon tenmile in these rings when they first came out. I’ve never removed the scope. I put witness marks on the tube when I first mounted it. This is torqued around the tube at 22in lbs with blue loctite. This is over 500 rounds of 300 Norma and 7-300 Norma. Hasn’t budged. I like the rings.
IMG_1972.jpeg