Spot Hogg Triple Stack @ S&S Archery

WRM

WKR
Maybe that isn't the reason for it then. I put first sight on a compound in 1981 and still use that spacer at times.

I appreciate the heads up. It would really suck to wait 4 months for the sight only to wait for a spacer

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
From what I was told buy the very well known pro shop I got mine threw they have literally had this problem with every bow they set up, they said that spacer should have came with the triple stack and it did not. if I was you I would get ahold of spot Hogg or a pro shop that has set this sight up.

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I wish i had a Triple Stack here so that i could answer this question with confidence. I can say that all Spot Hogg MRT sights (the triple stack is an MRT sight) have an L shaped bracket that allows you to play the tetris game to get your macro windage setup. So without seeing the Triple Stack, i can't say if it comes with the L shaped bracket and or the 4 hole spacer. Sorry.

My triple stack has the L bracket included in the kit.

Mine was ordered as an upgrade to a tommy hogg, thru my local shop, but has the bracket and triple pointer. Haven't played with it yet, but like it so far.

My triple stack came with the L bracket and after following the instructions for max left windage I'm still 4 inches left at 20 yards. it did NOT come with the 4 hole spacer that would probably fix my problem. if you look at the pictures that H80huntit posted he is using the L bracket with 2 spacers. I'm pointing this out for everyone that's been waiting months for this triple stack to come out so you will know ahead of time.

I'm shooting a Mathews v3 31, 28DL, Hamskea trinity rest

I'm confused why the L bracket won't work. This is a Tommy.

IMG_20210709_194419880.jpgIMG_20210709_194528394.jpgIMG_20210709_194530598.jpgIMG_20210709_194559020.jpg

The housings have the same outside dimensions. If you can't get it far enough left, I believe you have a centershot problem.

That's a Tommy pulled right off of a VXR.

View attachment 305557View attachment 305558View attachment 305559View attachment 305560

The housings have the same outside dimensions. If you can't get it far enough left, I believe you have a centershot problem.

That's a Tommy pulled right off of a

View attachment 305557View attachment 305558View attachment 305559View attachment 305560

That's a Tommy pulled right off of a VXR.
I went from a hogg father to the fast eddie xl triple. I had no problem before, I'm going to have a custom string installed tomorrow so I'll find out, butt your pictures got me scratching my head aslo.

V-TRAIN

WKR
can't you flip the mounting block (i call them spacer blocks) the other direction, or mount it on the outside of the bracket arm instead of the inside, you could do either or.
I am talking about the "L" shaped block.

if that is not the direction you need to go, they sell spanner blocks. that and some longer bolts.
it will work, I have been running trophy ridge inline scopes on spot hoggs for years (identical to the triple stack field of view wise). it didn't take much fiddling to do it, so I know it will work. I do have a triple stack on order, you will love it when you get it hooked up. here is a pic of a trophy ridge peak on a tommy hogg.unnamed.jpg

H80Hunter

WKR
I was using the spacer with a regular 3 pin MRT and actually DONT need it with the Triple Stack.

because I have an anchor sight mounted between the sight and the bow(1/8” thick bracket) I SOMETIMES run out of left adjustment and need the spacer, but the triple stack is BETTER for whatever reason.

I suspect this is much ado about nothing OR people are confusing the included L bracket with the basic 4 hole rectangular spacer.

After going to my pro shop they told me that with the design of the riser on the V3 and how the dove tail mount is thicker it pulls the sight to the right, after flipping the L shaped bracket AND adding the 4 hole spacer block I am GOOD TO GO. with all that said I love the sight.

NOTE: I'm using the the XL with the dove tail mount.

I previously shot the Hogg father that also had the dove tail and had no problems but the scope housing was smaller and it had a scope rod adapter that gave lots of windage adjustment.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I have a bad case of bow-buy-itus, and no brand loyalty to go along with it.
I have had some brands/models where I had to run 2 spacer blocks, but most are just 1, to get enough adjustment.

H80Hunter

WKR
I was using spacers on my old one and did put them on this one (assuming it was the same). This is why my picture shows me using the spacer (actually two). I'm not using them now.

Joey30809

FNG
Are any lefties getting their sites yet? I know most things left handed are considered custom order. Just curious to see if that may add to the wait time.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I ordered a custom head & pointer only 3/19, lefty also nothing yet.
Not really worried about it, so many things are delayed right now, have just learned to roll with it.
I ordered a PSE EVL 34 SE in late January or early February and it came about a week ago.
Have had a Leupold Mark 5 scope on backorder for over 2 months.
Hopefully sometime this year or next things will get back to normal.

Joey30809

FNG
Yeah for sure. Not too concerned either. It’s just interesting to me how long things are taking for companies to fulfill orders, and it’s not just outdoor companies either!

For my shipping notification for fast Eddie xl today. Pre-ordered February 24th.

Hopefully everyone else’s ships soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
At this point the sight Is gonna have to blow me away when i receive it or I'll just sell it.. it's too late for me to start tinkering with a new sight with September so close.. and it looks like several people are having trouble with the windage without the extra block..