Spotting Scope covers?

JaredJ

WKR
I'm looking to put a stay on cover on my spotting scope to give a little added protection. Is the manufactured one the best way to go or is there any one making covers?

What spotting scope do you have?

Ive used the Vortex neoprene ones and they add some extra protection and fit very snuggly. Almost too snuggly if you extend the sun shade out and in it can be a little bit of a hassle.

I also have one on my Kowa 77mm and it is a different material, not a tight fitting neoprene, and it adds protection but also a little more weight.

One thing I dont understand is why these companies sell you a $2500 spotting scope with no case.

MtnMuley

WKR
You have a point, but one reason they don't come with a case is 50% of the guys wont use one and if the other 50% will pay for one, then they're making more money.

OP
JaredJ

JaredJ

WKR
What spotting scope do you have?

Ive used the Vortex neoprene ones and they add some extra protection and fit very snuggly. Almost too snuggly if you extend the sun shade out and in it can be a little bit of a hassle.

I also have one on my Kowa 77mm and it is a different material, not a tight fitting neoprene, and it adds protection but also a little more weight.

One thing I dont understand is why these companies sell you a $2500 spotting scope with no case.[/QUOTE

I have a great non stay on case, but want a stay on also. My spotter is a Leica APO82mm

notchfir3

Lil-Rokslider
I used the standard Zeiss Neoprene cover for about $75 when I had a Diascope 65mm. Since then I bought a swaro scope and the Swaro folks are super proud of their covers. $230!!! So I just went with the el cheapo neoprene cover from Cabelas for $40. It works great and have heard stories of it fitting other makes of spotter than just Swaorovski.

Smokep

FNG
I put a kings camo cover on my ats 80, fits fine and wasn’t $250 like the swaro cover.. I think it was 30-40$.

aron

WKR
I haven't cared for the neoprene covers. They seem to just fit OK and the last one I had, the stitching quality was poor. I went with a Kite Skua and am very happy with that. It is in between price of a neoprene cover and a Swaro stay on cover.