SRS brake - 7mm vs .30 hole matter for 7mm?

Good morning,

I'm planning to purchase a brake for my Tikka 7 RM and have been looking at the SRS brake for minimal muzzle rise (spotting shots) & recoil. I also have .30 cal guns, but my 7 RM is what I'm trying to outfit. Think there's a noticeable amount of muzzle rise or recoil if I get the .30 cal brake versus the 7mm brake?

Cheers

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved

From my understanding it shouldn't matter too much.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
You won't be able to tell a difference. I tested it pretty extensive back to back. With 2 SRS chub brakes 6.5 and .308 2 little bastard in 6.5 and 308 a ti pro3 ti pro1 and allterra brake on my 6.5 PRC.

20220327_123907.jpg

I had a buddy swapping brakes while I had my eyes closed then I'd shoot not knowing what was on the gun. I don't have all the brakes pictured here but these are The models I tested. With identical break only having a different bore size I couldn't tell any difference in felt recoil or shift off target.

You won't be able to tell a difference. I tested it pretty extensive back to back. With 2 SRS chub brakes 6.5 and .308 2 little bastard in 6.5 and 308 a ti pro3 ti pro1 and allterra brake on my 6.5 PRC.

View attachment 545170

I had a buddy swapping brakes while I had my eyes closed then I'd shoot not knowing what was on the gun. I don't have all the brakes pictured here but these are The models I tested. With identical break only having a different bore size I couldn't tell any difference in felt recoil or shift off target.
Of those brakes, which would you say provides good recoil reduction without blowing your ears out? I just got a Havak PH2 in 7mm PRC and I'm looking for something to take the "bite" out of it. I'm getting into long range shooting but this will also be my main hunting rifle, and while I like to try to use at least some hearing protection when hunting, the animals don't always give you the opportunity lol. Eventually I will run it suppressed but that's not an option right now.

I've shot my 28 nosler and 7prc with 30 cal brakes and then 7mm brake and I cannot tell the difference.

I am sure there is a small improvement going with an appropriate brake but its not noticeable to me.

I've shot my 28 nosler and 7prc with 30 cal brakes and then 7mm brake and I cannot tell the difference.

I am sure there is a small improvement going with an appropriate brake but its not noticeable to me.
I was more so referring to the actual brakes that he was testing. Thanks for the input though.

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
Of those brakes, which would you say provides good recoil reduction without blowing your ears out? I just got a Havak PH2 in 7mm PRC and I'm looking for something to take the "bite" out of it. I'm getting into long range shooting but this will also be my main hunting rifle, and while I like to try to use at least some hearing protection when hunting, the animals don't always give you the opportunity lol. Eventually I will run it suppressed but that's not an option right now.
Any rifle with a muzzle brake will blow out your ears.

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Alrighty then, duly noted. Then again, a lot of people have muzzle brakes on their hunting rifles so it can't be that terrible.
I use the ear plugs with a tether line keeping them held together and hanging around my neck takes a couple seconds to insert them before shooting at game.

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
Alrighty then, duly noted. Then again, a lot of people have muzzle brakes on their hunting rifles so it can't be that terrible.
I have them on all my rifles and use hearing protection when ready to shoot. One shot here and there without hearing protection is bearable for some but if you have to take follow up shots, you’re in for a rude awakening. Some people value their hearing more than others.

Then again, people hunt with them all the time, so it can't be that horrible can it?
I use the ear plugs with a tether line keeping them held together and hanging around my neck takes a couple seconds to insert them before shooting at game.
that's what I was thinking about doing. I'm going to invest in some of those Axel earpro, or whatever they're called. That way I can hear but still have some hearing protection.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Absolutely none of them are hearing safe. The more effective they are at reducing recoil the louder they are typically. The fact that some people shoot them without hearing protection doesn't make it safe. Some people do meth too. Lol

I've pretty much always been able to get ear protection in before I shoot.

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider

View attachment 545170

after doing this which break did you decide was the most effective. I just swapped my Seekins to an APA little bastard and my accuracy got much worse so thinking about trying something else.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
after doing this which break did you decide was the most effective. I just swapped my Seekins to an APA little bastard and my accuracy got much worse so thinking about trying something else.
The largest diameter ti pro you're comfortable using.

bmart2622

WKR
Ive not put ear plugs in a couple times shooting braked rifles and I assure that it is terrible. I now use Axil electronic ear plugs that I can just leave in all day and not have to worry about not having time to put plugs in

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
Ive not put ear plugs in a couple times shooting braked rifles and I assure that it is terrible. I now use Axil electronic ear plugs that I can just leave in all day and not have to worry about not having time to put plugs in
ow do you like those electronic plugs i am really interested in trying them but want a first hand review

bmart2622

WKR
They work really well, I can leave them in and hear everything but then they dampen the shot well. Stiff winds do mess with them a little bit. They are comfortable to wear, they enhance sound well, dampen the shot well and the battery life has been pretty decent