St. Lucia Island

Adkjake

FNG
Well it looks like my future wife and I will be spending a week on St. Lucia island for our honeymoon in June. Just curious if any of you roksliders have been there and have any advice or must do's.
I'm looking into a fishing trip. Would love to do some spear fishing but that seems to be illegal for nonresidents.
-Jake

Btaylor

WKR
Arrange for helicopter shuttle from the airport to your resort. A little extra cost but well worth it. If you are staying at any of the sandals do not order a steak from any of them, you will be disappointed. there are some touristy things to do like the jungle zip line and it was pretty fun. We did the short hike up to the overlook that was a WWII radio station, that was pretty cool. Snorkeling was fun, water is an indigo blue but very clear. That brings me to the Rum, oh my the rum. It's worth the airlines cost to pick up all you are allowed to bring back. I am not much of a drinker but if that stuff was available here I would be the poster child for drunk and worthless I am afraid.

Also if you are staying at sandals, don't do the fishing trip through them. You only get about 3-4 hours and about 1 hour is running out and back in. I would think you'd get more time through a private charter. Downtown market is pretty cool. I enjoyed the snorkeling, and we did a land/sea tour which was cool. Rum is good as mentioned, their rum cake is even better. Wish i would of took the helicopter shuttle, as it is a 2 hour drive to get 25 miles from the airport to Castries with a lot of the roads are washed out to one lane from a hurricane from 2007. I went in 2012.

I’ll 3rd the helicopter, and 2nd private fishing charter. Went to sandals, fishing charter through them was a bust. Caught a buzz!!!

Roads washed out bad and was pouring rain on the way to airport. Bridges and roads washed out. That’s the worst my rectum ever ate a seat.

You’ll have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
My wife and I did the sandles in St L.
We went about 2011. I dont remember the ride to the resort as being long or bad. Unlike the above poster I ordered steak and it was some of the best steak I have ever eaten. I live in Iowa "corn fed beef" but it was really great so guessing it just has to do with where the get the beef when you are there or chef? The huge catamaran rum boat and snorkeling tour was fun. Market in town was good. One other snorkeling tour was good also. Looked into but didnt do a fishing day reports of catches were fair at best when we were there. Check out all 3 resorts and the different things to do at each. We stayed at the middle resort. has a small golf course but poor beach for swimming. big waves coming in day and night. On resort had a better beach but the pool was better at ours. The third had a great view but was pretty small. Was a good time have fun.

T28w

WKR
Which resort r u staying at?

We dove pretty much everyday and it was actually not bad. We have dove all over the Caribbean and some in the gulf for reference.

The grand had the best beach by far.

We stayed at the smallest one, the halcion I think, and I would rec getting reservations for the Japanese restaurant if u like Asian food.

We’ve been to 3 sandals and have enjoyed them all but I will say that we could easily get better food here at the coast than what we had at pretty much any of them. Not saying it’s terrible or bad, just not the greatest.

I’m surprised no one has mentioned going to the pitons

T28w

WKR
Also r u a certified diver. I was assuming u were when mentioned spear fishing.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
The wife and I went for our honeymoon in 2013. We had a good time at sandals grand. We did the zip line trip and had fun with that. We also did a boat tour that ended up taking us to the capitol city for shopping, the volcano/hot springs for a mud bath, some waterfall areas, and snorkeling in the bay between the pitons. There is a town on the pacific/east side of the island you drive by. We were told by our drivers there were lots of good restaurants in that town. They described it as a fishing village. I would also recommend getting the helicopter, wish we had known about that before.