Stabiliser setups - pros and cons of quivalizer and rear stab vs front and rear bar with bow quiver

nphunter

WKR
It's definitely a "me" issue, no argument there. I just haven't found the perfect setup yet that I like above all else.
The longer and heavier target bars are nice sometimes with the slower pin movement, but I tend to fatigue a little quicker. A shorter and lighter bar, or no bar, is nicer for fatigue but less consistent overall. I've sort of settled for a 15" bar with ~3 oz of weight, and just enough on the back bar so it doesn't want to dump forward quite as much. However, I will still just run no stabilizer on occasion and even with a fast pin movement it just feels good

I’ve gotten to a point where I have stopped watching my float, I just get the pin on the target and start staring at the center of the target and focusing on my shot. Since doing this I started being way more consistent.
I figured that out with my recurve, I shoot instinctive and decided to put a pin on it. As soon as I put a pin on my groups went to crap. Pulled the pin and started hitting the center again, I just let my mind keep the pin in the middle. Now even shots where I feel like I make a poor shot they seem to just gravitate to the middle.

Marble

WKR
That makes a lot of sense. Up until now I had only heard it was there just to balance out the bow's / shooter's natural cant
That's part of it, and that's why I have mine set the way I do. It offsets the weight of my arrows.

But in reality, it does more.

If you look at how the pro archers set up their bows, you'll get an idea of what they do. It's done for a few reasons, balance, holding stability, and finally, torque compensation.

Moat of us here probably don't have the skills or knowledge to fine tune that stuff. All I know is it helps me shoot better.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Then how do traditional archers shoot well? You are narrow minded. I shoot both.
Trad bows don't torque like a compound. And they don't hold them back for nearly as long as compounds.

I get your point but it's different

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk