Stable Tripods for range use

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a tripod for my Meopta S2 angled spotter. What I'd like is a set of carbon legs that are high enough I won't need a center column . I am wanting it to be very stable so weight is not that important as I won't be hiking or hunting with it. I will pretty much use it close to the truck, gun range, and backyard nature observation. I want stability over portability. to an extent.

Has anyone used the Sirui SR-3203? It has a 55lb load rating and weighs 4.4lbs. With the Cameraland deal at 15/15 off, it will be right under $450. What are your thoughts on it? I prefer a 3 section since it won't be put in a pack. The other tripod I have been looking at is the Feisiol CT-3342 and it also has a 55lb rating but weighs 2.6lbs. What are your thoughts? Would the Sirui be more stable than the Feisol? Would the heavier tripod always be more stable or is there more to it than that? The Sirui has a 6 year warranty and the Feisol only has a 3 year.

I am most likely going to pair it with the VA-5 head that is on sale (going to test a friends out this weekend and see if I like his with the spotter on it)

Last edited:
The SR series is unmatched at that price point. It is VERY sturdy, extremely well made and has a 6 year warranty. Call me to discuss if you have a minute
Joel
516-217-1000

OP
B

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
Will do, I'm gonna call you Monday after I check out my friends VA-5 so I can order both at the same time. Thanks!

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
I own the same Feisiol tripod, and can vouch for it's stability. It wasn't a cheap purchase, but between photography and glassing, I've gotten plenty of use out of it. The leg clamp design requires some maintenance occasionally, so if you're constantly dropping it in sand and mud, expect a few issues. This tripod has been used to stabilize a 100mm Optolyth spotter and did a good job!

Expecting to get years of use out of this product!

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I own the same Feisiol tripod, and can vouch for it's stability. It wasn't a cheap purchase, but between photography and glassing, I've gotten plenty of use out of it. The leg clamp design requires some maintenance occasionally, so if you're constantly dropping it in sand and mud, expect a few issues. This tripod has been used to stabilize a 100mm Optolyth spotter and did a good job!

Expecting to get years of use out of this product!
+1
e.png

OP
B

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
Are there any other 3 section carbon tripods that are in the 4-5lb range that are very stable in the $400-500 range that I should be looking at?

pc3

WKR
Looking for a tripod for my Meopta S2 angled spotter. What I'd like is a set of carbon legs that are high enough I won't need a center column . I am wanting it to be very stable so weight is not that important as I won't be hiking or hunting with it. I will pretty much use it close to the truck, gun range, and backyard nature observation. I want stability over portability. to an extent.

Has anyone used the Sirui SR-3203? It has a 55lb load rating and weighs 4.4lbs. With the Cameraland deal at 15/15 off, it will be right under $450. What are your thoughts on it? I prefer a 3 section since it won't be put in a pack. The other tripod I have been looking at is the Feisiol CT-3342 and it also has a 55lb rating but weighs 2.6lbs. What are your thoughts? Would the Sirui be more stable than the Feisol? Would the heavier tripod always be more stable or is there more to it than that? The Sirui has a 6 year warranty and the Feisol only has a 3 year.

I am most likely going to pair it with the VA-5 head that is on sale (going to test a friends out this weekend and see if I like his with the spotter on it)

Bearmans the Slik 700 DX for stability is worth a look. I have one of these and the Promaster 525 and Promaster Cine spch 20 head for my S2. The Skil is a beast and super stable and good value....not packable, you cab shoot off them, shadow tech use modified Slik 700 DX's for rifle rests. For range use it's great. I'd like to get a head thats compaitble with my promaster 525 so I can exchange the s2 easier between them (the head on it uses a round disk plate set up, thats solid, but not Acra compatible). I want a Sirui 40dx ball head I think for my slik 700 dx so I can then use M-lok acra plates on a couple of rifles and use it as a shooting rest in high grass as well.

I was using my promaster and 525 and Cine 20 head yesterday with my s2, carbon fibre but has a center column. It is a nice tripod, I got this from Doug and co.

rayporter

WKR
go to e bay and get a used t v tripod - a bogen or manfroto.
it will weight 20 lb but if a hurricane is blowing you can hold it to stay still and you scope or in my case 30 x binocs wont move. seen them just last week for a hundred bucks.

they are popular at matches
yl7LOQX.jpg

OP
B

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
Since there are not many photos of the tripod online, thought I would upload a few of the Sirui SR-3203