Starter press

TX_Diver

WKR
If you are going to hand-load more than 3 or 4 calibers, I would suggest something like a Lee Classic Turret press. But if you like Hornady’s LnL press, you can also get a Lee Breech Lock collet that will fit the RockChucker to change dies quickly.

Second this. I don't reload that much and only have 3 calibers (really just shoot 2 though), but not having to setup dies is a major time saver.

I found a Redding T7 on one of the forums. It's perfect for a sizer/seater for each caliber and a universal decapping die.

If cost is an issue a single stage will do just fine though and the suggestions on here already have been good.

Gila

WKR
What i like about the Lee clasisc Turret is although it is only a 4 hole press, the turrets cost about $10 each. The turrets fit in the palm of the hand so that if you want to change bushings, mandrels, seating stem etc. don’t have to fiddle with the dies at all. Each pull of the handle turns the turret to the next station. I think I paid $50 for both the case activated powder throw and the on-press priming system.
For precision rifle, I remove the actuator arm and just turn the turret manually to the next station. It is a cheap press but quality and made in the USA. My 2nd choice would be a Redding T7….expensive but then you get what you pay for in that press.

If you are going to hand-load more than 3 or 4 calibers, I would suggest something like a Lee Classic Turret press. But if you like Hornady’s LnL press, you can also get a Lee Breech Lock collet that will fit the RockChucker to change dies quickly.
I second this opinion. The Lee Classic Turret is an outstanding value and you can make a lot of good ammo quickly if you end up doing more shooting and reloading.

Bountyhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Rockchucker sll the way. Not the fastest but solid. Mine is 45 years old. Hand prime is best way to go. for years i used the Lee but went to the frankford arsenal and love it.

sndmn11

WKR
Forster or Frankford have good systems that eliminate having to setup the doe everytime. I have the latter, as well as a handful of FA components that I am happy with. Especially the universal seating die.

I've been using an RCBS Rockchucker IV for about four years now. I like it. Only loading 6.5 CM and .30-06 in small batches for hunting and load development.

That said, I'm curious about a MEC press at some point in the future.

morgaj1

WKR
For a starter press, a used RCBS or Lee Classic Cast press is hard to beat. I started with the Classic Cast and eventually bought a Forster Co-Ax. While I prefer the Forster, I still occasionally use the Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started out with a lee classic and still use it for all rifle loads, it produces well under sub MOA hunting roads for me. Added a rcbs pro chucker for some of the higher output items..