Steak Dinner- what’re you getting?

Sandstrom

WKR
I would have to try the snow aged wagyu if I had money burning a whole in my pocket!

CJ19

WKR
I'd try the Wagyu cap steak(I'm assuming its picanha/sirloin cap?). Might as well try something different if you're eating out. Otherwise, I'd just have a nice ribeye at home.
Im itching to get some wagyu and grill it. Is it worth the hype?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Always go with the Ribeye when you have these types of selections. The exception might be a hanger steak or, occasionally, you’ll see a Conflexus muscle, but very rare.

Filet is the least interesting cut of beef on a cow. I worked in a craft butcher shop for awhile and we made this observation: bitchy women with beat-into-submission-husbands order filets. Sexy woman with men with respectable taste order ribeyes.

Bourbon neat.

I hate it when your right.
Filet is about as boring as it gets.

Probably ribeye or NY strip. No to a tomahawk. I’m not paying for a rib bone with no meat on it. Just a thick cut 1”-1 1/2” ribeye or ny strip. A 2” filet would be a good choice as well if you could get 2 of them. Of these three, I prefer a good marbled ny strip.

A hanger steak is a hanging tenderloin that is attached to the diaphragm of a beef. Very tasty if prepared right without the sinew that runs through the middle of it. A few others not on that menu would be a Denver, Tri tip, flat iron.

A cap steak is the small portion of a ribeye that sits on the outside portion of the actual ribeye. At least a ribeye cap steak that is. Other good steaks not on the menu are delmonico, chuck eye, top sirloin.

I didn’t see a prime rib on the menu either? Unless that’s what they are calling a cowboy.

That lamb rack would be tasty too!

Broomd

WKR
IMO up against a truely prime aged ribeye. No. Up against a choice sirloin sure it taste like butter. Grass fed is usually shit. There I said it. Flame away.
Blasphemy.
Was raised in the Midwest on corn and grain fed beef--never knew then just how bad it was; a travesty.
Finally realized how beef should taste when we moved West, now we raise grass-fed beef.
And we pre-sell every ounce we raise.

Same could be said for game. Acorn or corn-fed deer doesn't even compare to natural grass and browsed deer and elk. It's why elk is so good. They are grass eaters.

Traveler

WKR
IMO up against a truely prime aged ribeye. No. Up against a choice sirloin sure it taste like butter. Grass fed is usually shit. There I said it. Flame away.
I’ll join you in that boat, we raised grass fed but I still think grain fed is better.

Except for grass fed angus, that is clearly way better than grass fed or grain fed Herefords…