Stikine Packrafts

Matty87

FNG
Just ordered a packraft from stikine packrafts. Pretty new company. Got their kodiak version ( 2 man self bailing ). Will be taking it in as a support boat on our flyin canoe hunt for moose down an unamed river up north. All the specs seem pretty identical to the alpaka forager but comes in at half the price of the alpaka. This Name brand markup or am i missing something?(comes with warranty) Anyone have any experience with these boats?
Appreciate any info! Thanks

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
I have no experience with them, but I would think I would not want a self bailing packraft for hunting. Since I'd be using it mainly for access and crossing rivers/streams, I would think that the self bailing raft would get my butt wet

Htm84

WKR
Probably made in China. That’s more than likely a lot of the price difference.

ColeyG

WKR
Here is a breakdown of materials used in each:

Lots of similarities in materials and design. Looks to me like Stikine did a pretty good job of knocking off the Alpacka designs. Given the similarities in materials, one of the next big questions would be craftsmanship and assembly. Alpacka is second to none in that category.

The self bailing/inflatable floor on the 2 person model (Kodiak) seems pretty well designed. I think a sit pad or inflatable seat would still be warranted. At 10lbs it is 30% lighter than the PR49.

Let us know how it works out.