Still doing your own wrenching?

I still do all my own work on my family's cars. Just put all new suspension, brakes and axles under wife's car and new front end on daughters car for the 3rd time this year as she keeps me busy with wrecking her car. I guess doing autobody for 43 years won't let me let someone else work on my own cars,knowing what it cost these days and knowing if I do it myself it's going to be right lol.

Im a union industrial electrician one year from retirement. My job is hands on and can be very physical at times. I try to do home maintenance if i have the time and tools for the task. I used to change oil and such in our vehicles but no longer do. I have a lifelong local mechanic i trust to keep our aging toyotas safe and sound. I recently bought 2 older honda 4 wheelers ive been tinkering with. Doing new things i dont know a whole lot about interests me. Youtube is your friend.....lol

EdP

WKR
I still change oil on my vehicles but don't do much else anymore due to vehicles becoming so much more complicated. The oil change is faster for me to do than to take it somewhere, wait on it, and take it home. Cheaper too. As far as home maintenance goes, I do almost all of that.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
"Youtube is your friend.....lol" Ain't that the truth. I had to replace a burnt out brake lamp on our Escape and I could not figure out how to get the housing off. YouTube to the rescue! Had the thing off, bulb changed and back on in less than 10 minutes.