Stone Glacier Chilkoot Quilt

TL406

Lil-Rokslider
Ya, the bags are rock solid. I have a 15-degree and the shell fabric is phenomenal. I’ve had it in a few hairy situations and it did great.

Last edited:

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Just wanted to hear people's thoughts on SG's quilt, thinking about grabbing one. Thanks.

It’s a good quilt. I prefer Extra wide and long quilts even at 5’9” because it’s for comfort not absolute weight savings, but even still the Chilkoot is good. Have used it on several hunts bear, deer, sheep and it’s been fine.

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
It’s a good quilt. I prefer Extra wide and long quilts even at 5’9” because it’s for comfort not absolute weight savings, but even still the Chilkoot is good. Have used it on several hunts bear, deer, sheep and it’s been fine.
Would you consider this one more of a regular width/lemgth versus a tall/wide? I see it is suited for up to 6’5. I am 6’1. But I am a little concerned about the width. SG says it’s the same dimensions as their bags which people claim to be roomy, and shoulder girth as “adjustable” because you can adjust the straps, But most quilt specs show a width spec and length spec.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Would you consider this one more of a regular width/lemgth versus a tall/wide? I see it is suited for up to 6’5. I am 6’1. But I am a little concerned about the width. SG says it’s the same dimensions as their bags which people claim to be roomy, and shoulder girth as “adjustable” because you can adjust the straps, But most quilt specs show a width spec and length spec.

Slightly wider than most “regulars”, and a bit longer, but you won’t be covering your head up.