Stone Glacier Sky packs 2014

orderd my 5100 this morning i hope it will be a great fit for me and my needs. talked to kurt this morning and he was great to deal with. A++++

how does the rifle ride pretty snug ? i cant wait till tuesday mine pack will be here

Yes, it did ride pretty snug. I was initially concerned that it would "bounce" around and possibly create undue noise by hitting the buckles. However, all of those fears evaporated when I took it out yesterday and there wasn't excessive movement of the rifle. Thankfully I followed Kurt's advice on one of his Youtube videos that he did that demonstrated how to properly affix the weapon sling. 98% of my big game hunting is with a bow, however I thought I'd purchase the weapon sling for those rare times when I'm packing a rifle.

Can't remember how much I paid for the sling, but it's definitely worth the money. My hunting buddy was jealous that I wasn't packing my gun around like he was, but that it was attached to the pack. Kurt's design to quickly pull the detach belt (or whatever it's called, but it's very accessible and one quick tub and it releases the top of the weapon) and voila, the gun is released in a Nano-second.

Last edited:
Took a bit to get the fit dialed in, but been happy with the pack after that. Sky 7400 in the Chugach
409458829.jpg

I have the Sky 7400 with the 3 piece belt coming in the mail!! Going to set my MR 7500 aside for now. The shoulder harness on the MR is not great.

Going to test the SG for as long as I can and if it I don't like it, I'll return it and buy a Bikini/EMR2. Went with the SG for the weight saving and it had a lot of positive reviews.

I have the 5100 and it's been awesome so far. Once I got the fit dialed in, carrying weight is very comfortable. The bivy mode is great. Rifle sling and load shelf both hold tight and secure.

You'll like the SG....it's a very clean and effective design. I dialed mine in quickly for comfort. Kurt's compression system is second to none.

SHTF, I've got a 5100 with the 3 piece belt. I'm in Eagle.

Tanner

Tanner, Would love to hook up with you sometime to check out the pack. Im running a Duplex with HC4800 now. You get to Denver very often? Im guessing no?

I'd like to check out the Highcamp and Duplex too. I get to Denver every once in a while. I'll PM you the next time I do.

Tanner

Back