Stone sheep along the cassiar highway?

OP
ScottP

ScottP

WKR
Just south of Tatogga about 2km + or - 1km, glass to the East. If you have an hour and in decent shape there is a very nice well beaten trail heading straight up the mountain. This is about 1km or a bit more south of Tatogga lodge. Climb the first rolling hill when u hit the alpine and glass from there. Odds are u will find at least ewes and lambs
I didn't have time to hike it, but I think I glassed the right areas from the power line. Unfortunately it was rainy with haze when I came through. Didn't see any sheep but found a decent billy. It's beautiful country.

Mojave

WKR
I would heavily recommend against not going on the Cassiar or Coquihalla.

Are you taking a U-Haul?

U-Haul will not support you on either the Cassiar or Coquilhalla. If you break down. It will void your contract. Something Uhaul in the USA may not know about.

At least they would not when I moved to Alaska in 2014. Worth contacting Uhaul in Canada to verify.

You will see Stones in the National Park and I remember seeing Dalls, somewhere else in Alaska.

OP
ScottP

ScottP

WKR
I would heavily recommend against not going on the Cassiar or Coquihalla.

Are you taking a U-Haul?

U-Haul will not support you on either the Cassiar or Coquilhalla. If you break down. It will void your contract. Something Uhaul in the USA may not know about.

At least they would not when I moved to Alaska in 2014. Worth contacting Uhaul in Canada to verify.

You will see Stones in the National Park and I remember seeing Dalls, somewhere else in Alaska.
I had a personal vehicle with no trailer. The Cassiar was totally fine but you have to pay attention and look for pot holes. In fact, the Alcan washed out south of Watson Lake, so was sure glad I took the "backroad"! It would have been a huge detour, like 1500 miles. I got lucky.

There are stretches of the Alcan in YT and just over the border in AK that are worse than conditions on the Cassiar, in case anyone cares...

Mojave

WKR
The biggest issues for Uhaul is support. They will not drive down there and get you.

The Cassiar highway (HW37) is over 700 km long from Kitwanga, BC up to the Alaskan Highway about 20 km from Watson Lake, YK. No cell service, very small towns....Iskut and Dease Lake plus a couple other gas stations at Bell 2 and Meziadin Junction and possibly Tatogga if its even open anymore? Very remote country to say the least.

I helped out a mining contractor a few hours from cell service up HW37 with a broken down vehicle contact his boss on my InReach. He was pretty thankful to be in touch with help as it was 9:30 PM at night.

Mojave

WKR
The ALCAN is remote enough. I helped a indian at 11:00 at night between Watson and Whitehorse. He told me had been sitting there for 2 hours and no one had even driven by.