StoneGlacier vs Western Mountaineering

Looking at these two brands. Clearly WM is top notch, also top dollar.

I like the SG 15 bag, and it’s less $$. What would be a comparable WM bag. Pros and cons to either? I’m 5,9 175 pounds for reference.

WM. There will be a ton of dead space in the SG bag for you, which will lead to it being not as warm. May or may not be an issue for you.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You can get a WM bag in different lengths. American made is a plus. SG bags are nice, but priced almost as much as American made WM and FF bags

Totoro

WKR
WM Badger MF for the win!

What is the price for staying warm and comfortable after a long day in the field?

Priceless.....

fulton13

FNG
Just got the SG 0° a few months ago. Finally got to try it out over the weekend. It did not disappoint. I'm 210lbs @ 5'11". Plenty of room, and stayed warm all night long.

Feathered Friends and Western Mountaineering have continuous horizontal baffles. which means you can open up the bags flat on a floor and push the down around. When its warm out I will push the down from top to bottom to make the bag little less warm. Opposite, in cold weather I will push a lot of the down to the top of the bag. Great feature that add or decreases a couple degrees.

Note: In cold weather a pad with an R value of at least 4.2 or higher is needed.

Soutah

FNG
I was in the same position a couple years back. Bought a SG 15 mainly for the better price and have no regrets. I am a gear junky and would love to try the WM. My son is starting to tag along more and more now and so I recently picked up a SG 0. Only reason I did the 0 this time is so I would have both choices available for myself if needs be.