Stryker vs. Stryker Xl for day hunting Elk

sivart

WKR
I do. I prefer to compress from the side so that it's quicker access to the bag.

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
e15e4b78b618fb292d6afb7454f54879.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
I do. I prefer to compress from the side so that it's quicker access to the bag.
Sorry, not following. The straps go over the zipper regardless of where you move the connection point to. How does moving them towards the middle slow down access? You need to unclip them either way don't you?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am curious if any have seen this XL pack in person. I am an Archery Elk Hunter in Oregon. I Hunt the Snake River unit and am looking for a Day Pack bag to go with my Kifaru Frame. I don't carry a ton. My food and a 3 liter water bladder. Kill kit and game bags. Minimal survival gear and first aid kit. Whatever layering clothes I need for the day, depending on temps. Also carry a AGC bino harness and Binos. Wondering which one of these packs would suit my needs the best? I may be able to condense some items, but don't want to get crazy! Any help would be appreciated!
i have the XL and i wouldn't want it any smaller, it's a perfect day bag. i'm also an Oregon hunter, and it's seriously perfect. i think the regular stryker is great, but marginally small, especially october on.... no reason to not get the XL imo

can you get deboned meat secured in the stryker load shelf? I don't generally carry quarters.
you bet... i have a couple extra compression straps i carry just in case i need more options to secure an awkward load.... i have the xl, but the stryker in general is such a well thought out and handy bag.... my xl is by far my favorite pack bag i have owned... i'm gonna wear mine out, and it won't be easy ;)

aorams

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully this isn’t a thread Jack but have any of you compared these two packs to the 22Mag Gen 2? For the same purpose of day hunting elk on the coast.