Stuck, I need help in New Mexico in a bad way

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
I’m really hoping someone out there can offer me some assistance. I’m in the angel fire/Taos area scouting elk. I got caught in a really bad rainstorm and my rental jeep slid off the road and I can’t get it back on the road. If it would just dry out, I would be fine, but it won’t stop raining, do you know anyone in the area that could come pull me out or offer some assistance??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Rental should come with some sort of roadside assistance or something, no? Good luck man, I'm in Texas so no help whatsoever. Hopefully you've got an overnight kit packed.

OP
Paulyester

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
I have all the gear to camp so I’m inconvenienced tonight, but I have no idea how I’m going to get out

OP
Paulyester

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
Get comfy as you can an get some sleep. Things always look different in the daylight.

Hard to say without seeing pics but, I have gotten out of a few stupid spots with the factory screw jack, and just stacking rock an whatever else was around. Took a while, but when you're stuck, you have plenty of time

Did that, long story, but the wonderful little hook on the end broke off.

Loo.wii

WKR
This is a bad situation. I wish i knew somone down there to help you.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
Did you find elk?

For real, pocketbook time. Remember damage will be paid too. Time to throw cash at the problem

S-3 ranch

WKR
Pull the traction control/ABS fuse to prevent over spin brake from engaging
plug it back in @ the trail head
worthwhile trying

pete @ Sierra outfitters is probably antelope hunting but he’s the closest I know to that location
Pete @ 505-429-2887

Last edited:
OP
Paulyester

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice everyone, still stuck here , actually slept quite well. The sun is out and there’s a breeze, I’m hoping it will dry things out but I tried too hard last night and got myself in a worse situation. If I would have just stopped, waited until today I would have been fine. There was more rain coming so I gave a last ditch effort to try and get out before it got worse

Felix40

WKR
I would try calling Mora County sheriffs office then NM state police dispatch. There may be a Forest Service LEO or Game Warden that could come take a look.

We do it all the time on my forest.

Edit: maybe even try Colfax County SO since you’re close to the line.

Carr5vols

WKR
Can you post a picture of your situation? We maybe able to generate some ideas. Big rock and long pole use for leverage...