Stupid ? about Colorado elk draw - which units to start building preference points?

Your comment about public land makes it sound like it belongs to the residents of that state. LOL Sorry friend, but the NF land I hunt in CO or anywhere else is just as much "mine" as it is yours, and that's the beautiful thing about it. I travel to CO to hunt "my" land, and yours.

Land, yes. Animals, no. They're owned by the residents of Colorado. You have every right to meander around the federal lands you reference. You gotta pay to play when it comes to hunting elk.

Last edited:
OP
Newtosavage
Elk in CO has gotten really tough. The general thought it that there are less hunters now than there were 20 years ago but you go to CO and it sure does not seem that way. Hunted a couple units, 81 and 681. Both were insanely difficult and crowded, I think the further you get from the populace, maybe the better off you are? hard to tell. Looking into 63 and 27 for my next archery elk. Good luck!
I never knew what hunting pressure looked like until I started hunting NW of Denver. LOL Then I was like...

tenor.gif

Last edited: