Subalpine for turkeys

Mwilson

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone worn the Sitka subalpine pattern and had success turkey hunting? I have some Sitka gear and am just now getting into turkey hunting now that baseball doesn’t dominate my spring, just curious if I’ll need to invest in more of a “southeastern US” pattern or can I get away with what I have? Plus any advice on tricking the birds would be beyond welcomed. I’m teaching myself so it should be an adventure.. thanks

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
That pattern will be fine. I’ve used it in the past in Tennessee and California and had success. Just make sure not to be to twitchy when them birds come in and you will be fine.

OP
Mwilson

Mwilson

Lil-Rokslider
If I had to go buy some new stuff, I’d definitely go the cheapest route. I already have subalpine camo and just want to make sure it’s going to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dueaston

FNG
+1 that your camo will be fine. The main thing is movement, just do not move when in sight of turkeys or when you think you may be in sight. A camo more specific to the area can be helpful if you setup in a spot that's more exposed but the key there is obvious, don't setup in a spot where you are exposed.

As far as tricking a turkey, I have to emphasis location and patience. Above all other skills, calls and gear you should spend the most effort on perfecting your location to your greatest ability and being patient when you find that spot. When you are in a spot that a gobbler wants to be then everything else runs smoother.

Get yourself a call and commit yourself to practicing as much as possible. You don't have to be perfect so don't overthink it. Start with the softer stuff and call within your abilities. It's pretty cool what can be accomplished with location, patience and some light turkey talk.

Has anyone worn the Sitka subalpine pattern and had success turkey hunting? I have some Sitka gear and am just now getting into turkey hunting now that baseball doesn’t dominate my spring, just curious if I’ll need to invest in more of a “southeastern US” pattern or can I get away with what I have? Plus any advice on tricking the birds would be beyond welcomed. I’m teaching myself so it should be an adventure.. thanks
You'll have no issues with subalpine

Subalpine works great for turkeys!

0bd345dcc8977bae34149b202d3ec5d1.jpg

23b9574b312b78cbd5339fcd94c2fae6.jpg

25f590449b1376f23e5ead35194866da.jpg

Killed that bird at 18 yards in subalpine with a puffy jacket on that everyone says is 2 loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk