Success at last! New Stalker strikes!

SDHNTR

WKR
I have been on a traditional archery quest since March. Lots of close calls. 9 missed shots inside of 20 yards! It was demoralizing! Numerous times I wanted to chuck that stupid stick bow off the side of a mountain! I was finally convinced that my previous two recurves were cursed with bad juju! So I called up longtime CBH ( CA Bowmen Hunters) supporter South Cox and had him build me a custom bow. Got it last week and spent the last few days getting it dialedimage.jpg. Apparently it worked. First arrow out of the bow was a money shot. I stood there in disbelief as the arrow disappeared right where I was looking.
Then even more disbelief as I picked up the heavy blood trail and came over a rise to see a giant bear dragging my dead pig off. A few choice words and an emptied cylinder from my friend's 44 mag finally scared it off and allowed me to claim my prize.

Edit: no bullets were fired at the bear as it is not bear season and I had no intent to kill. Just shot into the dirt to scare him off.

Last edited:
Shoulda grabbed the bloody arrow and pounded him with it! Two pigs one stick! Great pig though congrats!

Great job. I look forward to one day taking something out with my Hoyt Dorado.

Back