Superfeet orange vs guide

I use a pair of Lowa hunters for my heavy duty mountain boot and currently have a pair of superfeet guides in them. The guides seem like they form to my feet awesome and give great support but when I crank out a lot of miles especially on the packed in trails I'll get some pain in the balls of my feet. Not crippling by any means but annoying. In general my feet aren't too picky. From reading seems like the superfeet oranges have more padding. Anyone else make this switch for similar reasons and it help out?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
All I've ever used are the Orange, and they've never given me a reason to change that up. I have them in every pair of boots I own.

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
I use the oranges in all my boots (Lowa, Meindl, Hanwag) and have always had great luck with them. Have a pair of the crispi guides and the oranges were just not working, tried the guides and problem fixed but only time so far for me I’ve went with the guides over the orange. I like the padding up front on the oranges.

rm06

WKR
"More padding" is a relative term, yes, slightly more, but not enough to make a difference to me. I have and use green and orange, orange is my default for serious mountain use, I prefer the heel cup of the orange. I have low volume, bony feet and I don't really notice the difference between the two in the balls of my feet.

Ramblr

FNG
You might try a metatarsal pad attached to your current insole first.

I had that same kind of pain in my work boots and thought I needed more cushioned insole. The salesperson at the Red Wing store had me try an insole with a metatarsal pad and the pain in the ball of my foot never returned.

OP
ShortMountain91
You might try a metatarsal pad attached to your current insole first.

I had that same kind of pain in my work boots and thought I needed more cushioned insole. The salesperson at the Red Wing store had me try an insole with a metatarsal pad and the pain in the ball of my foot never returned.
I thought a little about this but haven't had great luck running 2 insoles in tandem. Did you put the metatarsal pad under or over the other insole?

Ramblr

FNG
I thought a little about this but haven't had great luck running 2 insoles in tandem. Did you put the metatarsal pad under or over the other insole?

I just got a Red Wing insole that had it integrated to replace the SF Orange I had been using. You can get a small met pad that you can just add to your existing insole to try out.