Suppressed 6 Cal recommendation for small framed shooter and spotting shots.

tdluke90

FNG
I'm about to put together a rifle for my fiancé who is like 5 tall and 100 lbs.

My goals are.

Sub 6.5lbs bare gun
18-20' threaded barrel for suppresed use
needs to be 6 cal cause we hunt big game colorado every year
sub .75 moa 3 shot groups
ability for HER to spot shots
shoot 105-110 grain bullets
reach 2700+ MV
12-12.5 lop

We love to shoot long range for fun meaning 400-1000 for us and she likes using my 16.6 lb braked mpa 6 creed rifle. So trying to make something as close as possible in a hunting rifle.
I'm trying to get below the 6 creed recoil into like 6 dasher recoil level.
What's the easiest way to get here with out spending 4k going full custom? Is there a current best option for feeding and ease of getting all components to load for? Perfectly happy with my tikkas for the price compared to my two custom guns but you obviously cant buy one off the shelf like this. I'm hoping you guys can save me time and headaches trying to make this happen.

Sounds like the 6mm ARC is your huckleberry! The “heavy” barrel howa mini barreled action is around $400 on Brownells then you can throw it in a Stockys G2 and swap the trigger out for a Jard and you’ll have a 6lb rifle meeting your criteria.

Howa Mini 6mm ARC
Sounds like the 6mm ARC is your huckleberry! The “heavy” barrel howa mini barreled action is around $400 on Brownells then you can throw it in a Stockys G2 and swap the trigger out for a Jard and you’ll have a 6lb rifle meeting your criteria.

Is the 6 arc sending 108’s at 2700 with 18-20”? Genuinely curious

Oh wow thanks guys. I overlooked the howa mini barreled action and that looks the easiest route so far. Have ppl been happy with these howa minis accuracy and feeding overall?

I can't find the stockys in a shorter 12-12.5 lop range? Any other lighter weight recomendations? So far the mdt lss gen 2 is the best I've found?

I can't find the stockys in a shorter 12-12.5 lop range? Any other lighter weight recomendations? So far the mdt lss gen 2 is the best I've found?
there’s really no other light weight options with good ergonomics for long range. I’ve had the plan for my kids to cut down a Stockys and then epoxy a limbsaver grind to fit but pad on it. No reason it wouldn’t fit that I can think of.

I'd stick to a 6cm or .243 if it were me for the extra velocity. The 6arc is cool but you're giving up horsepower for no reason.

Back