Suppressor covers - who's and why

Right on, I just have covers on a banish 30 and a TBAC ultra 7. I don’t even have a cover for my Hyperion k. I’m getting excited about my scythe so I’ll order one for that.
They have some drop-down menu options but I chose to just tell them my suppressor model in the notes and gave them the measurements myself too. They'd already made some for that model so they had the perfect measurements on hand anyway. It was a surprisingly fast process given that each one is made to order. I think from the time I ordered it was like 2-3 days before it shipped.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
They have some drop-down menu options but I chose to just tell them my suppressor model in the notes and gave them the measurements myself too. They'd already made some for that model so they had the perfect measurements on hand anyway. It was a surprisingly fast process given that each one is made to order. I think from the time I ordered it was like 2-3 days before it shipped.
That is fast, I ordered a Cole-tac for my dead air mask 22 (not for heat, just so it dosent get all dinged up on my snowmobile), it’s like a 3 week lead time for the custom stuff.

TheCougar

WKR
The AG is 3-3.5oz and the Can Chaps is 7oz. But the suppressor they're sized to cover is 10.5" long and 1.8" in diameter. And the AG leaves the last 0.5-0.75" exposed which annoys me, while the Can Chaps one fits perfectly.
Hard to believe a cover is as heavy as the can… I can’t believe there isn’t a lightweight cover out there. 7oz will definitely change POI and I’m not dragging that weight around on a hunt.

Last edited:
Hard to believe a cover is as heavy as the can… I can’t believe there isn’t a lightweight cover out there. 7oz will definitely change POI and I’m not dragging that weight around on a hunt.
Well in fairness the suppressor weighs 17oz, so the cover isn't anywhere near as heavy as the can. I'm not sure what a cover for my Ultra-7 would weigh, as it's 3.5" shorter and 0.3" smaller in diameter. But I imagine it'd be a few ounces.

Bumping this just to provide another data point: I just weighed my can chap and it was 4.3oz on my scale.

Keep in mind these are custom built for your can so they may differ slightly. Mines on an LPM Mach S (7” long with direct thread adapter, 1.74” diameter)

Also this is my first cover but I think it did a great job keeping mirage at bay. Once it was tightened on the suppressor it hasn’t moved once (about 60 rounds with it)

Attachments

• IMG_6273.jpeg
    IMG_6273.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
My Can Chaps cover came in and the quality of materials/fit is extremely high. It's leaps and bounds above my Cole-Tac and AG covers in build quality.

Thanks for this. I'm now in need of another (surprising ATF timing) and was leaning towards AG (again), but checking on options.

TreeDog

FNG
Experimented w $15 roll of high temp silicone tape ( enough for 4-5 suppressors) and vet wrap/Conan. More than adequate for bolt gun use, couple hundred rounds through so far.
I recently did the same thing. Pretty impressed with how well it works. Also adds basically no bulk or weight.

Did you ever try out the scope chaps company ones? I just ordered one for my Scythe to try. Most standard length options seem like they'd end up hanging into the brake portion of it.

Needing to pick out a cover for my Polonium K that just cleared for the AR and it has the same issue. 4.8" isn't a normal length..

Did you end up deciding on which one for your Polonium K? I'm considering the Cole-Tac Corset, given it's made to the dimensions you provide, but hoping to get your thoughts on whatever you might have gone with.

Did you end up deciding on which one for your Polonium K? I'm considering the Cole-Tac Corset, given it's made to the dimensions you provide, but hoping to get your thoughts on whatever you might have gone with.
Nope, haven’t bought one for that can yet.

Nope, haven’t bought one for that can yet.

I actually just pulled the trigger over lunch on a can chaps, will let you know how it goes. The appeal was it being streamlined and more secure to the can. It's going on AR I use for hunting, so hopefully there won't be any durability problems with my pretty slow firing cadences in training.

They don’t move at all during shooting with is great and are designed to stay on the can.

That said, I took mine off to weigh it and it only took a few seconds to loosen the straps and slide it off. Not a pain at all.. we are talking probably 10 seconds

Dobermann

WKR
I've used:

Griffon Industries - moved a lot, and lacing system both twists the Cordura, and pulls it back from the inner. Also sheds fibres like crazy. I'm guessing it's not good to get them in your lungs. Sold them.

Rifles Only - works well, and cord doesn't twist as much as the Griffon. Still on one LR range rifle.

Precision Underground - having the cord lock around the back of the can was good for retention, but also added more snag points. From memory, this one shedded too. Sold it.

Keen to get an FHF gear to test for a hunting set-up, as well as a Can Chaps for comp rifles.

Has anyone tried the silicone sleeve type models
, such as the one that Hardy Rifles sells? I didn't trust this "intuitively" at first - not sure if it's because it's thin, or because I've had mixed dealings with Hardy on other issues. But if it works, it seems low-pro, lightweight, no cords to mess with, and non-reflective.