Large Bore Suppressor Considerations and Afterthoughts

rharbaugh

WKR
Due to state regulations, and primarily my own self interest, I'm strongly considering a large bore rifle to hunt with suppressed. I don't want this to become a caliber/bullet/cartridge thread, so I'll just say that it will be .358 cal at minimum.
My questions for you all are:
Has anyone bought a large bore suppressor? What insights can you please provide me?
To me it looks like the suppressor industry jumps from 338 cal up to 458 cal. Does anyone know of something in between at 358 cal?
What would you look for in a large bore suppressor? Price / weight / length / caliber rating / others?
Is there any reason to look suppressor larger than 458 cal? My only thoughts would be a suppressed 50 cal smokeless muzzleloader, but that's a very niche need.

Thanks for your thoughts.

RH

wesfromky

WKR
If you are looking at 350 legend, you might want to look at a 9mm can that is rated for rifes like 350/357/etc. There are 45 cal cans if you want 450bm, 45/70, 44mag..

I have a dead air wolfman for my .350 currently, and a otter creek lithium in jail to replace it for hunting.

Due to state regulations, and primarily my own self interest, I'm strongly considering a large bore rifle to hunt with suppressed. I don't want this to become a caliber/bullet/cartridge thread, so I'll just say that it will be .358 cal at minimum.
My questions for you all are:
Has anyone bought a large bore suppressor? What insights can you please provide me?
To me it looks like the suppressor industry jumps from 338 cal up to 458 cal. Does anyone know of something in between at 358 cal?
What would you look for in a large bore suppressor? Price / weight / length / caliber rating / others?
Is there any reason to look suppressor larger than 458 cal? My only thoughts would be a suppressed 50 cal smokeless muzzleloader, but that's a very niche need.

Thanks for your thoughts.

RH

Double check the bore diameter of an Omega 36.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

left hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I run my omega 36m on my 358 Winchester and 35 whelen with no issues. That’s what it was designed for.

I also run it on smaller bores and it still suppresses well. I have been very happy with mine.

JLM

FNG
I’ve thought about the same thing for 35 Whelen in our primitive arms season. AB Raptor 10 in 375 seems like it would be a great fit and still be useful as hell on other rifles for the other 50 weeks of the year. Lol

This is what I would buy.

Sevens

WKR
This is what I would buy.

Like the name, rather ironic that most of the countries you would hunt nyati don’t allow suppressors.

Bluefish

WKR
Why yes, I have larger bore rifle cans. 375 AB 10 stack and Banish 46. The AB works well on 35 cal. Have not tried it on smaller.
The Banish does a good job on 45-70, but it’s big and heavy. Well built can, a bit disappointed on how it effects handling of rifles. It’s 20 oz in full size and 16 when in short configuration. Almost all cans rated for 45-70 are 20+oz, so maybe not any other options. The hybrid 46 is lighter, but it has a 16” limit, so no go on sbr.
I know JK gets bagged on, but they claim the 155 can be used on 45-70 and is only 9 oz.

Geewhiz

WKR
I have a tbac 338 ultra and it’s an incredible piece of equipment. It’s obviously a fair bit larger than your average 30 cal can, but for what it is and for the performance it brings I would not hesitate. Just depends on what you’re looking for.

If I recall, @WeiserBucks has one as well and seams very pleased with it.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
my Hybrid 46M covers pistols and rifles up to .458. I don't have a big bore to try it on and I've only used it on my 308s and 6.5s, but i like having the option to swap end caps and use it across a wide range of firearms. and you can use it in a short configuration if you want lighter for hunting. might be worthy of your consideration.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My Raptor 8 in .375 was released from jail not too long ago…have run it on my 375 H&H and .358 Win with great results.

Solid purchase!
How is shooting a suppressed 375HH? Mine is already cut to 20”. It’s not threaded though. I’ve been intrigued.