Suppressor question

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I have a .22 cal suppressor that can shoot 223 and rim fire. I just picked up a 22-250 for varmint and would like to put it on there. I contacted the manufacturer and was told it should hold up to the 22-250 however accuracy would suffer. I was wondering why that would be? My buddy has the same one but his is 7x1.5” compared to my 5.5x1.5 and he has no problems with his. Would the extra 1.5” help keep his accuracy?

You are talking to the wrong manufacturer. Simple.

Curious, now who was saying that your accuracy would suffer? Cause suppressors actually improve accuracy, but will create a point of impact shift due to barrel harmonics.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I really don’t want to bash the manufacturer because I’ve heard a lot of good thing about them and they’re a small business.. but trust me when he said it should hold up I was thinking I bought from the wrong place. I always understood that it would help out with accuracy but was curious since it’s kind of short and the 22-250 is just to much for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
You are talking to the wrong manufacturer. Simple.

Curious, now who was saying that your accuracy would suffer? Cause suppressors actually improve accuracy, but will create a point of impact shift due to barrel harmonics.
If you’d really like to know so you don’t make my mistake send me a pm

Suppressors typically improve accuracy, but not all the time. For example my CZ 457 shoots better without the can than with it.

If you have it in writing that the manufacturer will warranty the can on the .22-250, put it on there and shoot it. If it shoots well, use it. If it shoots poorly, don’t use it. If it blows up, call the manufacturer and ask them to honor their warranty.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
Suppressors typically improve accuracy, but not all the time. For example my CZ 457 shoots better without the can than with it.

If you have it in writing that the manufacturer will warranty the can on the .22-250, put it on there and shoot it. If it shoots well, use it. If it shoots poorly, don’t use it. If it blows up, call the manufacturer and ask them to honor their warranty.
I like your style, this was my initial idea but was also open to someone calling me an idiot for wanting to try it