Surefire EP4 ear plugs?

I’ve got a set of these $20 ear plugs. Anyone shoot with these with the plugs open? Wasn’t sure how they would do with a braked 6.5 Creedmoor. I like the idea you can open the plugs to hear conversation and possibly game moving around while hunting.

IMG_9527.png

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
I use them when dove hunting. Can't comment on how they are with rifles as I run a can on everything now.

OP
General RE LEE
One or two shots with them open isn't bad. I usually use them under electronic muffs open.

I need to touch off my 308 or 6.5 CM braked with the valves open and see if that is an option for hunting.

Shraggs

WKR
I’ve been using them for years. I haven’t had a better option for some protection and still able to wear warm hats, hear game.

They are acceptable with short action type calibers - but still not hearing safe. And no way braked as I’ve experienced others shooting and I had to walk away.

I can hear a bit better with them open. Which tells me, how well they fit your ear canal. I’d say in my case I’m not getting the full reduction possible or I would hear a bigger difference.

If I need to hear well steps behind me in a deer stand, I close the left and keep the right open. Not the best compromise.

Moving full force to silencers.