SW Missouri River Breaks Elk Rife Tag after 12 years.....

Elktuff

FNG
Ok let me try this again in a less conspicuous way, I'm new to RS, I'm an avid elk hunter, MT Resident, I was lucky enough to draw a SW Breaks rifle tag 12 years applying. Im not looking for someones honey hole or a 350in bull tied to a tree just some peoples experiance and knowlege to put in the knowlage bank for when boots are on the ground. Ive archery hunted the north side near CMR and been fairly succesful. I decided to burn my points on an easier to draw unit in hopes of being a little more picky with age class. I am a typical DYI hunter often solo, im kicking around the idea of going with an outfitter or possibly paying trespass fee depending on quality. if not ill spike out an put the miles on. Again, no intentions of getting this post deleted due to too much spot information but if you know Montana, the breaks and what is an easier draw with 12 points then that should relate what unit I'm referring too. Again, any information, hunt experience, elk habits, and quantity and quality would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and shoot straight!

Attachments

• thumbnail_image0 (1).jpg
    thumbnail_image0 (1).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 34

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The very worst way to join any hunting forum is finding out you drew a tag and immediately start pumping for unit information.

I recommend looking around and joining in some of the other conversations your interested in. Becoming an active member of the community definitely increases the odds someone will drop you a nugget.

It's a good unit with plenty of elk you should do pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk