Swaro Bino Upgrade

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have a set of slc 10x42 produced in 2006 or 2007. I have been on the verge of upgrading to a set of NL Pure, but the current sale price on ELs is very tempting. Two questions:

Is it worth upgrading ~15 year old swaros to newer models?

Is it worth holding out for Pures or jumping at the ELs on sale?

My glass sees a lot of use year round but i take care of it.

I haven't looked through NL's but I use EL 10x50s and doubt I'll change them anytime soon. Part of that is because they work best with the fact I wear glasses but they're also just right for me.

OP

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
And, you guys feel like the improvement over 15 year old slcs is worth it for even $2k?

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
You might also try a pair of the SLC HD's against your NEU's. I have not compared them but understand the HD's have better optics.

OP

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
I placed an order on new ELs from S&S Archery. These guys are the best. I've put several orders in with them over the years and theyre always the best price, shipping is super fast and free, and customer service is amazing. Highly recommend them.

2cylinder

FNG
I own the NL pures and my dad had the EL’s you can tell some difference but over the amount of money you’ll be saving I’d go with the el’s. Honestly I only bought the pures because it was something the I wanted but the EL’s would have served me just as good

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
With most alpha level binoculars, I rarely see much difference unless I directly compare one against another.

roweraay

FNG
Classified Approved
I currently have a set of slc 10x42 produced in 2006 or 2007. I have been on the verge of upgrading to a set of NL Pure, but the current sale price on ELs is very tempting. Two questions:

If you are up for it, and don’t want to be second guessing later, I’d go for the 12x42 NL Pure, as a once-and-done purchase. The EL is a great option too, and so are the Zeiss SFs and the SFLs.

If your glass sees a lot of use year round, you will appreciate the NL

The EL will be a noticeable upgrade from your current binos, but the NL are pretty crazy. The Fov and crazy edge to edge clarity is different, in a good way

You could get the EL and be perfectly content though, the NL didn’t make EL less awesome, they are great, but if you spend a lot of time behind your glass all year, you will appreciate the NL